Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horus Vision ASLI
SP Sniper Chat > Sniping Knowledge & Tactics > Marksmanship
BISHOP
Has anyone had any experience with this :Click to view attachment

I am a lefty and thought it would be nice to have it on the right side. The one time I want something on the right side and somehow its still wrong. LOL I am also wondering if it will fit on a badger mount or some other mount ?
I believe their mount will fit the max of a 30mm. I have the Flea scope and would prefer it on my base anyway. I think I saw where Lakotah put the ACI behind the bolt which is a good fall back.
Quirky
I was looking at these and emailed Horus about it. They are compatible with the Badger mounts. The list price is $115 without the Horus mount.
BISHOP
QUOTE (Quirky @ Jan 30 2008, 5:21) *
I was looking at these and emailed Horus about it. They are compatible with the Badger mounts. The list price is $115 without the Horus mount.

I spoke with Horus on the phone and they seem unsure and told me to Contact USO who had no information, however I have found what you were told to be true from others.
I believe you could use any picatiny ring and mount it to your scope if you wanted to.
Thanks for the info.
Quirky
Sorry. I wasn't clear. The ASLI will mount on the Badger mounts made for the sniper tools cosine indicator. These mount direct to the picatinny rail, so it makes no difference what scope you are using. That's what I was told. Mounting it to the scope using any sort of scope ring, to me, seems a little silly because it just allows the possibility of more cant realetd error (if it's not mounted precisely) whereas mounting it directly to the rail removes any chance of this further error being present.
liltank
What are they and what are they used for?
Quirky
The ASLI is an alternative to the cosine angle indicator sold made by Sniper Tools. It is an indicator that either attaches to the side of your scope or to your scope rail that tels you what upward or downward angle you are aiming at. This is only really important for long range shots when shooting on an angle can effect your point of aim. Shooting on either a significant upward or downward angle will result in your point of impact being above your point of aim. (I'm sure there is a more lengthy thread on this topic if you have a look). These indicators tel you what vertical angle your aiming at and that allows you to compensate for the angle by aiming lower (either with hold under points or by dialing it in to your scope. A lot of new range finders (i.e. Leupold RX series) take the angle into account when you use them to range a target. If you don't have some other means for doing it though, these indicators can be useful. The ASLI also has a small spirit level on top as well which allows you to make sure your rifle is level when you shoot, because once again if the rifle is not level (canted) this can significantly effect your point of impact at longer ranges.

I'm sure some people regard these indicators as tactical junk and they may have a valid argument to that effect, but I don't mind them, although to this point I haven't actually used one.
liltank
Thanks, Good stuff! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.