Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rangemaster tactical rifles, Is this a wise choice?
BlueBullet
post Jul 18 2013, 19:46
Post #1

FNG

Group: Registered
Member No.: 22,815
Rifle:looking to purchase in future
Optics:Looking to purchase in future
Ammo:Once decided on calibre

This is my first post as a new member, I am fairly new to long range shooting and only have experience with 7.62 but as my skills progress I am looking to get into the new world of very long range shooting. I have no experience with 338 LM or 50 cals, I have been looking into the rangemaster tactical rifles.
As everyone here has alot of experience are rangemaster very accurate rifles and a good choice compared to more well known brands and a wise investment for a long term purchase regarding reliability and any downsides users have found through testing or ownership.
Any rifles of these ammunitions would be a great expense for me to buy and run with costs involved and it would be something I would keep and use a for long time, so needless to say I wish to make a wise purchase that will be accurate, reliable, long lasting and a joy to shoot.
Sorry for being so long winded but any help will be gratefully received.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
usngunner
post Jul 18 2013, 20:17
Post #2

The "Un" Luddite. A Patriot first and foremost.
Group Icon

Group: SP Admin
Member No.: 4,917
Rifle:Savage 10fp .308 Custom by Gunner.
Optics:Nightforce NXS NP-R1
Ammo:Handloads all the way!

I'm guessing you are in England?

+Quote Post
BlueBullet
post Jul 19 2013, 4:49
Post #3

FNG

Yes im in United Kingdom, I know this will probably count against me but try and be open minded and helpful. Please remember I am just a fellow shooter looking for advice and I'm not lucky enough to have the more relaxed licensing laws or availability of so many different types of firearms or locations to use them. My choice of gun does not have to be British but because of our laws choices are limited in those caliber to bolt action.

+Quote Post
cmshoot
post Jul 19 2013, 5:48
Post #4

Owner/Operator of Sniper's Paradise
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,367
Rifle:HD Rifles/APA Rem700 .308
Optics:Nightforce 5.5-20x50mm, MLR reticle, Zero Stop
Ammo:Black Hills 175grn Match

No worries, mate! We've got no problems with Limey's here on SP.....welcome to Paradise! We've got several other members from Ol' Blighty.

Other than the fellow Brits here, I don't know if you'll find much experience with Rangemaster rifles around here. I perused their website and liked what I saw. The action looks like a good one, and I like the 4 locking lugs setup.

I'm a huge fan of Nightforce scopes. Something like the 5.5-22x50mm with .1 mil turrets and the MLR reticle would be a great optic for a 7.62x51mm rifle. For something like the .338 or .50, I would get the same scope, but with the 56mm objective, or the new 5-25x56mm ATACR.

Good luck and keep us updated.

+Quote Post
BlueBullet
post Jul 19 2013, 16:57
Post #5

FNG

Thanks mate for the welcome and I will definitely check out those scopes. How good are they when you get to maximum magnification as I have used a march scope x60 on someone else's gun and that is crystal clear. He warned me away from few manufacturers that have similar magnification but once u get near limits they loose clarity, but he didn't mention nightforce. To be honest I'm probably a year away from purchasing my complete setup as renovating my place. But I'm doing research and saving hard that way il do things right first time. Quality kit that will work well and last. It's a pity the uk is so expensive.

+Quote Post
cmshoot
post Jul 19 2013, 17:08
Post #6

Owner/Operator of Sniper's Paradise
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,367
Rifle:HD Rifles/APA Rem700 .308
Optics:Nightforce 5.5-20x50mm, MLR reticle, Zero Stop
Ammo:Black Hills 175grn Match

No complaints at all on the NF. Sharp and clear all through the power range.

The March scopes are nice, I don't think you'd be disappointed in one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:26