This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buys

What would y'all like to see SP offer in the way of Group Buys. Please vote in the poll, and feel free to be more specific in a reply. Check all options that apply to you.
    Ammunition
    0%
    Rifles
    0%
    Shotguns
    0%
    Handguns
    0%
    Optics
    0%
    Accessories
    0%
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

[quote]
    What would y'all like to see SP offer in the way of Group Buys. Please vote in the poll, and feel free to be more specific in a reply. Check all options that apply to you.[/b]
    I think it's obvious the cost of ammo is of great concern. Quality ammo at good prices offers a better ROI than any mutual fund I've had over the last year.

Comment

I checked ammunition (specifically Black Hills 175gr) and accessories (specifically the One Shot Package and a decent bag/mat).
      "Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong." - Stephen Decatur, Jr.

Comment

[quote]
        I think it's obvious the cost of ammo is of great concern. Quality ammo at good prices offers a better ROI than any mutual fund I've had over the last year.

[/b]
        Agreed. . . my modest ammo pile far outstrips my 401k performance on a percentage basis.
        Ed

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Those of y'all that are picking Accessories, please reply and let me know what kind you are interested in. I could offer a 1000 different accessories and not hit the one that you want.

Same on ammo. As of right now, I'm planning on doing the first ammo group buy as Black Hills 175grn Match .308. I need to know what additional (if any) ammo there is an interest in.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I'd be interested in ammo. I'm pretty sure common calibers would be ideal for any group buy. Maybe if you can drum up some interest, you could get some more niche calibers, but I'd say for sure .308, 5.56/.223, maybe 30-06 & 300 WM, and probably some handgun ammo like 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP.

Comment

For a group buy I'd love to see BH in 175grn .308WIN... that would be awesome. I also checked accessories and by that I mean stuff like torque wrenches I'm one of those poor souls that never did buy a good one and so I've never properly torqued any of my gear to spec.... yeah yeah, I know, some engineer I'll be.

One question: Awhile back I was pretty sure DAD was switching to AB... what happened? I'm not a picky fellow and only know the BH has always shot well for me.

I'm jazzed about group buys!

-Blue
              "I work with the customers so the engineers don't have to... I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS PEOPLE!"

Comment

The deal fell through with AB due to availability and QC

Comment

If you can swing a decent deal on it CM, I'd be up for some FGMM .308/175s and/or .223/69s.

Two out of three of my .308s don't care for BH (or even Cor-Bon) 175 ammo and the other one doesn't shoot anything at all amazingly well.

I've got three precision AR-15s that shoot FGMM 69s pretty well. Though I've never tried them with the BH equivalent and they may very well shoot that as well or better, I hate to risk a case of it.

Whatever you do, avoid Hunting Shack. I participated in a .225/55FMJ group buy that took them 6 months to deliver 16k rounds (*after* full payment by all) and when we finally got it, it shot 4 moa. Heck, I get 1-1/2 to 2 moa out of Rem/UMC 55FMJs. The only upside was that it's loaded in once fired LC brass. I bought 4k myself and have since offloaded 3k of it, and as bad (good) as I am about stockpiling ammo, I was glad to have it out of here.
                  Ed

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

E. Shell, we'll definitely look into a FGMM Group Buy.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Hunting Shack ammo myself. Looks like they're consistent!

Comment

I've got about 950rds. of 75gr. match 5.56mm right now from Hunting Shack. Its' crap. I can't hold any better than 1.5 minutes with it, or my M4 just doesn't like it.
                      In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Some ideas for group buys.

As for ammo would love to see some Blackhills 77 gr, mk262 or 77 gr hpbt match ammo depending on what you can get. Failing those two and much more reasonably priced is the Fiocchi 77 gr Exacta. Which both Flea and I have shot and it is every bit as good as the blackhills 77 gr match. That is the ammo I was shooting at the 1k targets at homecoming....

308 ammo? Is there such a thing as a deal for 175gr match ammo from federal anymore?

Accessories, well I can't think of anyone here that wouldn't love a good light to hang on their AR-15, or a maybe a special buy on mags for their AR? How about a 5 or 10 pack of 20 rnd magpul pmags, the 20 rnd mags are great for shooting off a bipod while prone.
                        CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                        --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Travis,

I need some zombie stuff. You want to unload that reasonable? Call me bro.
                          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
                            Travis,

I need some zombie stuff. You want to unload that reasonable? Call me bro.[/b]
                            I will give ya a holler today.
                            In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

[quote]
                              Some ideas for group buys.

As for ammo would love to see some Blackhills 77 gr, mk262 or 77 gr hpbt match ammo depending on what you can get. Failing those two and much more reasonably priced is the Fiocchi 77 gr Exacta. Which both Flea and I have shot and it is every bit as good as the blackhills 77 gr match. That is the ammo I was shooting at the 1k targets at homecoming....

308 ammo? Is there such a thing as a deal for 175gr match ammo from federal anymore?

Accessories, well I can't think of anyone here that wouldn't love a good light to hang on their AR-15, or a maybe a special buy on mags for their AR? How about a 5 or 10 pack of 20 rnd magpul pmags, the 20 rnd mags are great for shooting off a bipod while prone.[/b]

Or even maybe AI mags. They are kind of pricey, but there are a fare amount of us that shoot AI style rifles here at Paradise. Harris bipods, thats always something that seems to be popping up sparatically as people buy or build rifles. Cleaning gear, I can tell you up front I can use a shi* load of patches and those long q-tips that the Corps use for cleaning, not to mention what Beck NEEDS!

Just suggestions..

Comment

Working...
                              X