Huntertown Arms Kestrel 5.56

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntertown Arms Kestrel 5.56

Just made my last payment on one of these and now get to wait till the tax stamp comes back. Thankfully, since my local gun store is also the largest indoor range in the US, I can have conjugal visits with it.

Attached Files

Nice!

On a side note..........does the beard interfere with obtaining a proper cheekweld?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

You'll like that can. Those guys are friends of mine. Good people.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I'm impressed with it thus far.

Shep, it actually improves cheekweld.

Comment

[quote]
          Nice!

On a side note..........does the beard interfere with obtaining a proper cheekweld?[/b]
          I was thinking more along the lines of it getting stuck in the charging handle.
          -
          Formerly known as N15

Comment

[quote]
            Nice!

On a side note..........does the beard interfere with obtaining a proper cheekweld?[/b]

once it gets hung up on something... I just imagine how tight the weld would be
            "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Good ones, guys.

The guys at Huntertown Arms really did their homework before releasing these. The construction is very sound, and there are some very nice touches that you would not expect to find on a "budget" suppressor. One feature I really like is the baffles screw off from the base of the unit. In addition to making it very easy to clean, it has a nice other touch; the base is the serialized portion of the suppressor, so if you get a baffle strike, you don't have to go through the hassle of dealing with BATF, you just send the baffle portion back for repair/replacement.

The only downside I can find is, itis heavier than it's more expensive counterparts. For those of us who just can't afford that kind of jingle, I am ok with just getting a little bit stronger.

Comment

Couple of videos I made of my friends shooting my Suppressed 16" AR with the Huntertown Arms Kestrel 5.56. No, you will not get movie quiet with a suppressed AR, but the noise signature is greatly reduced. In addition the muzzle blast is also minimized.

Both of these were done at Colonial Shooting Academy's Indoor 25 yard range.

Here is Matt shooting suppressed for the first time:
                Matt

And Greg doing the same. In this one, if you listen closely, you can compare the sound to the SBR AR a couple lanes down.
                Greg

If the smiles and comments don't sell you, I don't know what will!

Comment

Sweet!

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Nice!
                    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
                    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Took Pop to The Range

Comment

FRIGGING FINALLY!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great! Now get it away from that homeless guy and go try it out!

Comment

It took 12 months for the paperwork to come back?
                            "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Almost, yeah. Check cashed 3/29 and stamp came back today (approved on 2/6). Efile is the way to go though, wait times are greatly reduced and I believe they are giving priority to.

Comment

Working...
                              X