X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What thread should I choose?

Hi

Im about to buy a silencer. It comes in a lot of different threads
    and I dont know which one to choose. Is there a standard for silencers and muzzle breaks?
    At the same time the smith is doing the threads ill have a thread cover following the profile of the barrel made.

The barrel is a stainles steel Lothar Walther that is 23,75mm (0.935") in outer diameter.

The can will be a Ase Utra S7
    Ase Utra S Series
    // Johan H

1/2 inch 20 UNF is the only thread the Finn's are letting out for export (Reflex) or so i'm told and it is a common suppressor thread. So should be easy to swap them out if you don't like the performance of the one you got

i'm not sure about the muzzle brakes it would depend on if you were planning on getting one or if you already have one.
    personally i used a steel .22 suppressor and made a muzzle brake out
    of it.

It work's great on my AK (can't get the mil threaded Reflex for it )

Hope this helps
    The future of man is unknowen, Unless you try to rob a gun store with a machete in which case your future is certin...Your gonna get your dumb a$$ shot!

one weekend in the bush sorts out months of crap from the city.

Comment

5/8-24 is a standard .308 size in the USA.

Those darn .338 rifles come in every imaginable threading possible. Why can't we standardize on just one? Even the Europeans using the metric system choose different threading (AI SuperMag and Sako TRG-42).

Comment

[quote]
        1/2 inch 20 UNF is the only thread the Finn's are letting out for export (Reflex) or so i'm told and it is a common suppressor thread. So should be easy to swap them out if you don't like the performance of the one you got

i'm not sure about the muzzle brakes it would depend on if you were planning on getting one or if you already have one.
        personally i used a steel .22 suppressor and made a muzzle brake out
        of it.

It work's great on my AK (can't get the mil threaded Reflex for it )

Hope this helps[/b]
        Suppressors with various threads can be exported quite freely. However, some suppressors will fall under export control of the MOD, military type suppressors or suppressors destined for Military/Government use.

Regarding the threads in general, Sauer for example now has the M17x1 thread as standard and of course many know the Sako and AI thread patterns.

Be on the lookout for more factory threaded barrels from several manufacturers.

Tuukka Jokinen
        Ase Utra suppressors
        www.aseutra.fi

Comment

Hi Tuukka

Nice to see you here. I chose M19x1 after I had read your last mail.
          Orderd a S7 via my work (Staffans Vapen & Jakt A yesterday.

Do you know when the S series will be available with a black/dark coating?
          // Johan H

Comment

There are a MULTITUDE of thread types, some are right hand twist, some are left hand, and all but a few vary. This is the sight I use to determine and alter these sizes. http://preciseinnovationsllc.com/old%20pag...readingkits.htm You might also read my last post, on suppression. You might find it "Interesting".

Comment

Working...
            X