Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex Viper PST Preorders

SPers,

We have the highly anticipated Vortex PST line of scopes arriving in June.

We are currently taking preorders on this product.

Why should you buy your Vortex scope from Liberty Optics?
    • We have been selling Vortex before selling Vortex was cool, since they first appeared on the scene

We are one of just a handful of exclusive online dealers listed on the Vortex hunting and tactical optics online dealer list Vortex Tactical Dealers Vortex Hunting Dealers

Sniper Paradise's longest serving vendor, period.

Free, fast shipping always

We'll get as much Viper PSTs as anyone in the country due to our special in-house account status.

No sales tax, ever!

Special SP deals

Expert advice and unmatched product knowledge

Just email me with your pre-order needs at My Email or visit our website Liberty Optics and click on the link on our front page.

Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to serving!

Scott
    Scott Berish, Owner
    Liberty Optics LLC
    An Official Vendor of Sniper?s Paradise
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    www.libertyoptics.com

Phone: 406-890-2714
    If no answer: 352-572-1469 (cell
    Fax: 763-431-5015
    Email: Scott@LibertyOptics.com

Secure snail mail payments:
    Liberty Optics
    PO Box 2554
    Kalispell MT 59903

Scott,

Do you have a write up or review on these? I have seen a bunch of good press but nothing very detailed.

Comment

Scott,

I was looking at a Viper PST 6-24x50.

Looking at your site and the Vortex site, I am getting conflicting info for the reticle detail on the two different models, Vortex shows a difference between the FFP and SFP models.

Vortex Manual for SFP
      This shows a total of 20 MOA on the vertical.

Vortex Manual for FFP
      This shows a total of 40 MOA on the vertical.

Your website has a link to the reticle with the 40 MOA on the vertical for both the FFP and SFP models.

I guess maybe that was a "typo" on your site?

I want a reticle with 40 MOA so that I can use it for holds, so I guess that I would need the FFP model?

I normally don't use FFP scopes, and I would rather save the money and get the SFP model, but not if it is only going to have 20 MOA in the reticle on the vertical.

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      M Richardson
      "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
      Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

[quote]
        Scott,

I was looking at a Viper PST 6-24x50.

Looking at your site and the Vortex site, I am getting conflicting info for the reticle detail on the two different models, Vortex shows a difference between the FFP and SFP models.

Vortex Manual for SFP
        This shows a total of 20 MOA on the vertical.

Vortex Manual for FFP
        This shows a total of 40 MOA on the vertical.

Your website has a link to the reticle with the 40 MOA on the vertical for both the FFP and SFP models.

I guess maybe that was a "typo" on your site?

I want a reticle with 40 MOA so that I can use it for holds, so I guess that I would need the FFP model?

I normally don't use FFP scopes, and I would rather save the money and get the SFP model, but not if it is only going to have 20 MOA in the reticle on the vertical.

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
        M Richardson[/b]

Great question, and it looks like we need to update the website.

However, I'm betting the full 40moa is not visible at 24x....a portion of the reticle will zoom out of the FOV as you zoom up to 24x....a condition not affecting the SFP model, so keep that in mind.

Scott
        Scott Berish, Owner
        Liberty Optics LLC
        www.libertyoptics.com

Liberty Optics
        PO Box 2554
        Kalispell MT 59903

Comment

Makes me wonder if on the FFP model, if you zoom in all of the way, if you will end up with 10 MOA above and below just like on the SFP model?

I want to jump on one of these, but I guess I am going to have to wait until they come out and see what they are actually going to be like.

Thanks!
          M Richardson

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

[quote]
            Makes me wonder if on the FFP model, if you zoom in all of the way, if you will end up with 10 MOA above and below just like on the SFP model?

I want to jump on one of these, but I guess I am going to have to wait until they come out and see what they are actually going to be like.

Thanks!
            M Richardson[/b]

I can find out for you! Or call Vortex and ask for Sam or Scott, they will know the answer right now.

Scott
            Scott Berish, Owner
            Liberty Optics LLC
            www.libertyoptics.com

Liberty Optics
            PO Box 2554
            Kalispell MT 59903

Comment

Thanks, I would guess that you are going to need to know the answer as well, so if you can call them and find out that would be great. If you are too busy I will glad to do it.

I need to know how much of the reticle will be visible on the FFP model at max magnification? If you you could also find out what would be visibile at half power that would also be great.

I need a scope that has at least 40 MOA visible on the verticle at a magnification somewhere in the 18x-25x range.

I want to be able to use holds out to 1,000 yards, so I need at least 40 MOA to handle the drop. I shoot in some competitions where they use popup targets from 100-1,000 yards and you really don't have time to be dialing in the corrections, you basically just have time to hold and shoot. I am currently using a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with a NP-R1, but it only has about 30 MOA on the vertical, so I am about 10 MOA short on the top or bottom end depending on where I zero it.

That 40 MOA reticle that they are showing would be great, question is going to be how much of it will go away as the magnification goes up?

Thanks again,
              M Richardson

Comment

Working...
              X