X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Formal Introduction To Liberty Optics

Members of the SP community and guests/visitors,

My name is Scott Berish. I am the owner of Liberty Optics. My claim to fame is I am the very first paid SP community vendor, and that will never change. This thread was originally promised for Saturday, March 6, but my future wife decided to logon and insert a new password on the computer, and then make herself scarce I guess their is a not-so-hidden message there :lol: Anyway, time to get acquainted!

I am a professional wildlife biologist who has been a gun nut since he was 11 years old. I am an enthusiastic owner/shooter of mil-surp firearms and an avid hunter. I've always wanted to break into the gun business, always liked gun people, and just never got around to it. Finally, after some chance events, and a little luck, the opportunity to sell IOR-Valdada optics came along, first as a FL-south GA sales rep, and then as a distributor. Soon thereafter, Liberty Optics was born. One method of promotion I explored was "crashing" certain forums/websites and making my introduction. This was met with varying success..I got bounced in some forums, and others chastised my style, but allowed me to find my way. SP was one of the latter. After chewing the fat and engaging in some interesting debates on IOR products, a very wise and savvy member of the forum dropped a hint that becoming a paying contributor/vendor might be a wise business move. After some initial hesitation, I decided the opportunity this presented was too good to pass up!

Sure, L.O. is a tiny outfit, but there is a flipside to this. SP deserves my support. The moderators/members of this forum are all a class act, and I want to do what I can to 1) keep SP financially sound 2) offer interesting, informative, and passionate diatribe that keeps member interest and attracts new members, and 3) offer world class optical and tactical products to members of this forum at prices that, eventually, will be found nowhere else. My hope is that, someday, people will talk about the benefit of becoming a contributing member just to get in on the SP "members only" discounts from Liberty Optics!! Now THAT would be cool!!

Now, enough of the "Cliff Notes" version of our history/plans. What does L.O. have in store for the SP community? First, the foundation of our business is the IOR-Valdada product line. Loved by many, reviled by some, unknown to most, this optical product offers a good mix of quality and value for serious shooters. I'm sure lots of product use data will be coming in from members over the course of the year. Stay tuned! However, we will NOT remain a "IOR only" dealer distributor.

My personal and professional longterm goal is to build L.O. up enough to have a stand alone website. This was planned for July 2005 initially, but I believe I need to round out the product line and increase sales volume beforehand. I believe one thing that dooms many small businesses is trying to do too much, too fast. There are other issues also. Over the next 90 days, I will be relocating to a new residence, getting married, and embarking on a two-week honeymoon (in that order!). During the honeymoon, I will be "out of pocket." So, I will be moving slowly along until about July, then L.O. will have my full attention.

Well, I hope this gets you up to speed. I will post another thread concerning my policies and customer service philosophy, and annually post my impressions from the SHOT show, and my biases/comments on optical products and people I met there.

Thanks for dropping in, I look forward to serving you.

Scott Berish

Owner, Liberty Optics

See better, shoot better
    Scott Berish, Owner
    Liberty Optics LLC
    An Official Vendor of Sniper?s Paradise
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    www.libertyoptics.com

Phone: 406-890-2714
    If no answer: 352-572-1469 (cell
    Fax: 763-431-5015
    Email: Scott@LibertyOptics.com

Secure snail mail payments:
    Liberty Optics
    PO Box 2554
    Kalispell MT 59903

LOL, funny how some things change, and some remain the same.
    Scott Berish, Owner
    Liberty Optics LLC
    An Official Vendor of Sniper?s Paradise
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    www.libertyoptics.com

Phone: 406-890-2714
    If no answer: 352-572-1469 (cell
    Fax: 763-431-5015
    Email: Scott@LibertyOptics.com

Secure snail mail payments:
    Liberty Optics
    PO Box 2554