best color for an ak-47 build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best color for an ak-47 build

I am about to coat an AMD-65 receiver and a Bulgarian AK-74 receiver. I don't plan on coating the other parts because I as much original finish as possible. What color gunkote will blend the best with the original parts ?

Thought on all military part ... FLAT
    But if you want to stay as close as possible to reality, you might chose other than caoting.
    " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Gunnutt,

We have a finish that matches very closely to most of the variations of the bluish-grey-black finish of the older AK's, CZ's etc...We also have an AK Black that matches very well to the more modern black variations. The newer more black toned finish is 2401AK and the more blue-grey finish is 2403CZ. The 2403CZ is not yet up on the website, since we just finalized it. I hope this helps.
      Products Limited Only by Your Imagination...

Comment

exact info I was looking for
        thanks

Comment

How long until the 2403CZ is available ?
          be the ticked for the AMD-65

Comment

Whoa ... Sorry, I had never seen those coats(finishes). I thought it was a more generalized question to colors of coats. Looks good ! (next time I'll shut my Fu%*! peehole) (umm...I think he was going for either suckhole, or poophole...)
            " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Good, I was hoping for that. The 2403CZ should be available within the next week or so. We are still waiting for approval from the customer who sent us the parts to match. We already know it matches in our color system, but just to be sure we want them to verify it. I would suggest, if I may, that before you order any coatings, get some color chips so you can make sure that you are ordering what is going to match your system.

Comment

No problem Dom. These are two of our newest colors. We currently have over 78 available colors to choose from with a collection of about 100+ custom colors we have not made available as a standard color system. If ever there is a question on color, we are likely to have a match.

Comment

PM sent.
                  "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Got to love a forum where the manufacturer monitors the boards with up to date info.
                    I am going to order some 2401AK for two of the guns and hold up for some 2403CZ for the AMD-65. Might coat the whole rifle.

Do you recomend bead blast, sand blast or, a media blast for prep ?

Comment

I just read the FAQ on the web page, 120 grit aluminum oxide.

Comment

Gunnut,

That's correct sir. And thank you for the kind words. We are starting a new campaign this year to be more pro-active on the forums so people know what they are getting when they use Gun Kote or our cleaners. The forums are where most people get their information anymore. Its places like SP that help to create a knowledge base that people need, to use products they can count on. We are here to help in any way. Even if it means tips on how to make a competitors finish better. (thats easy: strip it and use Gun Kote).

At any rate, yes the 120 grit aluminum oxide is what you want. Also, if you look on our site, on the top orange bar, there is a link that says "Data Sheets". This link will take you to some PDF files that are the application sheets for each series of coatings. Those should give you more than enough information. Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

Even if it means tips on how to make a competitors finish better. (thats easy: strip it and use Gun Kote).[/b]
                          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Any word on the 2403CZ ?
                            I keep checking the webside but haven't seen it up yet.

Comment

[quote]
                              Any word on the 2403CZ ?
                              I keep checking the webside but haven't seen it up yet.[/b]

We should have it up on the site this week. I am sorry about the delay on it. We were waiting on some approvals before finalizing the formulation. We should also have our new color chart up and running in a week or two. I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X