Used my JC Steel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used my JC Steel

I ran a 2-day class in Pelham TN that ended yesterday. Took a bunch o' shooters that had never shot further than 400yds and got them all successfully out to 1100yds, with multiple hits from all shooters on the 1100, 1050, 1000 and 950yd targets. Plenty of the 20 steel targets I used over those 2 days were from JC Steel.

Kinda hard to "ooh" and "aah" over steel targets. They worked. When someone missed, they just sat there and silently mocked the deficient shooter. When hit, they danced a merry jig and sounded off with a beauteous "ting". What more can you ask from steel targets?

All shooting was done with .308's using the 175grn SMK. The JC Steel targets were at various distances from approximately 600 - 900 yards. At the end of 2 days, other than the messed up paint, the JC Steel targets were in just as good a condition as they were when I received them.

If you need steel targets, support a good cause and get 'em from JC Steel.

Semper Fi!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

+1! The steel held up well, kinda heavy tho. Do they make a fluted model to reduce weight?
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Hmmmmmm......I've never seen lightweight steel......
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I've got some made of transparent aluminum. Pretty nice. Lightweight, but a bitch to range.

Seriously though, I'll second the quality of the JC Steel targets. Very nicely made, good attachment system.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
        X