This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pleasure doing business w/ CS Gunworks

I had recently made the decision to replace my IOR scope on my main rifle with a Nightforce 5.5-22.50mm. Now that I'll be using a 1300yd facility, I wanted a scope with more available elevation in it. The NF line of scopes has an advertised 100 minutes of elevation. I contacted Mike at CS Gunworks to pick one up.

Mike was easy to get in touch with and great to talk to (I've met him a couple times before at the SHOT Show).

Mike didn't have the particular combination of features that I wanted in stock, so he had to order it from NF. Mike is very knowledgeable about optics and we had a long discussion about different features and scopes.

I received the scope right before I went out of town for my annual deer hunting trip, so I didn't get a chance to mount it up until this week.

I had been a bit disappointed in NF scopes in the past. I felt they were rugged and well-designed, but the glass never did anything for me. I handled 3 of 'em in the past several months, 1 at Homecoming and 2 on students' rifles coming through my school. I was favorably impressed with the current glass. In a side-by-side comparison, it's not as sharp as an S&B PMII, but it was very, very good.

I'll have it on the long range in Tennessee next week, I'll post notes then.

Thanks again Mike.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Thank you for the feedback you are great guy also.

Iím really looking forward to see how it worked for you in the field.

Mike @ CSGW
    CSTACTICAL.COM
    "The Straight Shooter of the Industry"
    916-670-1103
    Click Here To Join our Facebook Fan Page

Comment

I'll be running it out to 1300yds this upcoming Wednesday. I'll post back on it.
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
      X