Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys sometimes feel like your scope is too bright?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]
    hi may be not really on topics but could you say me if the NATO ID cards is valid in USA for own ???[/b]
    U.S. military ID cards are good to go in other countries and passports aren't needed if you're stationed there or if it's a port visit, but if it's a private visit I don't know what the story is. It's my guess you'd need a passport if you're coming here alone.

Pretty recently a Russian Destroyer visited the local Maritime Academy and they didn't have passports, but they came here as a unit and as an approved port visit by our government. I'd ask a travel agency.

Comment

well for the travel i don't think border control like my NATO ID card , i must have a passeport but for ordering leo and military stuff ??
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

You mean for buying stuff? I don't know sorry.

Comment

thanks schmidt rubin , i 'll call the office for know that .
          " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Reb,

Along this same track. What would be your thoughts on long periods (daylight) on the scope for eye strain/headaches, eye fatigue. Somewhere in the 8-12 hour range with no breaks.

I know sunglasses are a must, but would the polarizer or the objective reducer additionally help or detract?

Just wondering,
            LJP
            Lindsey

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." - Rudyard Kipling

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and once a man has hunted armed men and liked it, he never cares for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

"Old age and treachery will beat youth and ability everytime." - S.Elliott

Comment

I don't think it makes any difference what you do to a scope, if you are really looking through it for 8-12 hours continuously, never ever taking your eye away from the eyepiece, I think you're gonna have eyestrain. Doing the things you mention will postpone it, but that's a damn long time to have to be on a scope with absolutely no kind of break.

Cheers,
              --Hawk
              There are few problems a well-placed 308 cannot cure. --- Hawk

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room! --- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

Rocket Science is much more fun when you actually have rockets! --- USN Recruiting Commercial

A little revolution now and then is a good thing --- Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen an end to war --- Plato

"In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine & Berkeley, Patty Hurst, heard the burst, of Roland's Thompson gun & bought it!!!" --- The Late Warren Zevon, Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

In the 1500's, the Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences to forgive sin. In the 21st century, we call these carbon offsets. ---Hawk

�Fight like a man, so you will not have to die like a dog� --- Calico Jack Rackham's Mistress

Comment

I know with glasses it helps considerably and assists in reducing all 3 of the effects you mentioned. Not sure on magnified optics.

The reduction in glare, very commonly reduces squinting, which leads to headaches and eye fatigue quite rapidly. The other thing is if your Sunglasses are polorized, you don't want a polorized filter (I think) If I remember this would occude vision totally?? I forget what the result was but you can't see squat if I remember.
                CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

CelticRaven:

I think you are absolutely correct about not wanting polarized sunglasses and a polaraized filter on your scope. I use a polarizing filter on my camera, and depending how the filter is set, I either get a line through the eyepiece or can't see anything at all, when wearing my polarized sunglasses.

I have never looked through a scope for 8 to 12 hours, but I know keeping both eyes open, and not squinting helps reduce eyestrain.

James
                  "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

It's been 10 years since I worked in the optical industry.... so trying to remember why that was... but yeah it causes stuff like you mention.
                    CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                    --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                    --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X