Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marksmanship next?

Hi Folks,

I've written two threads one on wind and the other on the advantages of dry practice. I'd like to keep writing threads that will hopefully help those that can't make it here for training and help those who have been here as a refresher.

I was thinking this next thread I would write about basic marksmanship. So many times we all get caught up in mil ranging, wind calling and all the other aspects of tactical long range shooting we forget about the foundation ....our marksmanship. With good basic marksmanship skills you are just about guaranteed repeatable accuracy on your long range targets.

Please let me know here on this thread if you'd be interested.

Thanks, flea
    "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

I'm interested.

James
    "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Flea,

I know that I have walked away with tons of good info from your other threads, so I would definintely be interested!

R/S

Eric
      Every day above ground is a good day.

Comment

Hey Flea,
        I read the dry practice and started it. Went the other day and shot a 100 yards. That is the longest range I have. Still shot placement was better due to dry firing.
        Haven't read the wind thread. It's where I need the most help. You put it up, and I will read it and try to practice it.

Comment

Absolutely Vern. If you post it, I'll study it.
          America deserves to know her heroes!

Comment

Post away my man, post away.
            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

im an info sponge right now, go for it and i will read it.

Comment

Wonderful idea. I would definitely like to read it. Need as much help as I can get

Comment

Flea,
                  We are all sitting at the masters feet with pencil and paper(logbooks), quivering with anticipation!
                  Cant wait to see it!

Steve
                  "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed" Dave Grossman
                  "Be a Sheepdog".......R.A. Nable
                  ...It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others......
                  ?Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats?.
                  Henry Louis Mencken, American writer of the early 20th century, satirist, and cynic.

Comment

I always look forward to what you write and say flea. Always very helpful and a great reminder.
                    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Vern, not only do I read your threads, I print them out and place them in a log for future reference, please post whatever you deem necessary to make us better at the craft, I'll definitely read it repeatedly...
                      I am a Patriot...First, Foremost, and Always... "Our Bill Of Rights is not negotiable. Not one single part, not ever. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the range." "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy pa?tri?ot?ism -(noun)- devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

Comment

Yes, please share.

Comment

I agree, and think that would be a great idea!!

I would really like to see you write pointers on both basic marksmanship AND getting the rifle fitted to the new shooter. A lot of shooters fight improper fit, and thus have to push their way uphill through an excessively steep learning curve when it comes to mastering the marksmanship basics.

Ed

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Always looking for more knowledge!

Comment

[quote]
                              I agree, and think that would be a great idea!!

I would really like to see you write pointers on both basic marksmanship AND getting the rifle fitted to the new shooter. A lot of shooters fight improper fit, and thus have to push their way uphill through an excessively steep learning curve when it comes to mastering the marksmanship basics.[/b]
                              That is an excellent suggestion and a very true observation. I fought that same thing, Vern fixed it my first trip to CVT.
                              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X