Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL@ them thinking he didn't have the knowledge. I got the opportunity to shoot with Vern on kind of a last minute thing, and took a rifle with a freshly mounted scope, not zeroed. He sat down with it, looked through the bore, then the scope....sounds normal to sight it in, right. Did I mention this was at 555 yards? Then he fired one shot, made an adjustment and fired a second shot right on the money. The rest of the day the rifle shot better than I did, out to a little over 1000yards. Pretty astonishing to me that someone can figure the bullet drop and wind, then zero the rifle for 100yards all with 2 shots from over 500. Shooting with him was one of the best days I have ever had (as was meeting some others from here), and I learned so much in one day that I would heartily reccommend training with Vern any chance you get. He is a great guy, a fine instructor, and all around one of the best people you will ever get the chance to meet.

Congratulations on your steps forward, and I can't wait to get down to shoot with you again.

Duane
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955

Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend. -NoFear Gear 1996

They do not teach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose. They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their jobs when they dam'-well choose. As in the thronged and the lighted ways, so in the dark and desert they stand, Wary and watchful all their days that their brethren's day may be long in the land
    -Rudyard Kipling in "The Sons of Martha" (a poem about warriors

Comment

Snip1er,
      You bought me here and it was the best move I've ever made sir. Getting to know you the mods and the members here has been great. A never ending friendship. I still can't thank you enough for helping me do this.
      I know folks get tired of hearing this but I truely have met some of the nicest people from this website. At my age I really believe you can't have enough friends, and I've made some great friends here.
      I centainly don't know everything, but sharing what I do know gives me great joy. Laying out in the field, teaching and seeing the look in someones eyes when it all comes together is worth the day to day pain I live with.
      Thomas, I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me the last two years. I too have learn so much here at SP, from the you, the mods and the members.
      When we stop learning, death is close by.

Vern
      "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Duane,
        Thank you sir. Your welcome here anytime, just grab your rifle and come on down. I enjoyed having you shoot with us that day. As to zeroing the scope well "even a blind hog can find a acorn everynow and then". LOL Please remember I've been cranking scopes for over 45 years now. My Grand dad would kick my butt if I couldn't dial little dope in now and then.

Once again, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Vern
        "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Good luck w/your new business-I don't know you but the review's sound promising- Lee375
          XX-Special Forces Assn. (MN
          Retired Deputy Sheriff
          SSG Airborne Inf. (Ret

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck to you sir!

-Adam-
            United States Marine Corps:
            Future Profession
            Current Obsession

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Comment

Just found this forum, great work.
              Flea is an exceptional instructor, and I learn something every time I talk to him or visit him to burn some powder. He's taught me the capabilities of my rifle and my own shooting skills.
              Good luck, my friend.
              "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Congrats Vern, you kow I'll be ther as soon as I can. I hope to be able to come at a time when some more SP members might be there. It's nice to put faces to the names.
                Just trying to keep the world safe from Coyotes, Bobcats and dope fiends.

Comment

Working...
                X