Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good set like azoom? Mine are going on 8 years.... Yeah like forever.
    CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
    --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Dry firing a bolt action of the type with a spring around the firing pin will not hurt the firing pin or damage the firing pin hole In the bolt. This was proven by the 2112's in the Marine Corps. We dry fired the crap out of our M40A1's when I was in.

With that said, I prefer to use snap caps or action proving dummies so that I also get practice running the bolt, staying on target while I do so. I've seen guys dry fire on the Rem700 and only lift the bolt up and back down.......on a "cock on opening" action that's all you need to do to recock it. I feel this is building bad habits and should be avoided.
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I always smile when this thread circles back around. Having spent numerous hours training with Flea like many others on this site I know the value of dry practice.

That being said I saw CR's comment on A-Zoom, has anyone tried these. http://www.harbourarms.com/index.php?main_...dex&cPath=1

I have not at this point, just looking for feedback.
        "Life is full of surprises...let your trigger break be one of them."

Stay safe,
        WEB

Comment

Jweb,
          Might worry about something like that if I was going to be doing a lot of dry fire on my M1A. There have been many types of them over the years, I guess I just never really saw the purpose.
          CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
          --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
          --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

jweb, I hadn't seen those before. They look very nice, I'll probably pick up a few to play with. Nothing wrong with buying something that might be a little more than ya need.......at least ya know that the bases are covered!
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I've got some of those. They do what they're meant too.
              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
                I always smile when this thread circles back around. Having spent numerous hours training with Flea like many others on this site I know the value of dry practice.

That being said I saw CR's comment on A-Zoom, has anyone tried these. http://www.harbourarms.com/index.php?main_...dex&cPath=1

I have not at this point, just looking for feedback.[/b]
                These are the ones I use. They are well made and I like them.
                Here?s to cheating, stealing, and drinking. If you must cheat, then cheat death. If you must steal then steal a young girl?s heart. And if you must drink then have a drink with me.

Comment

Good to hear they are worth it. In the past I have used snap caps from Tipton. They work, but the plastic will always crack after time.

Stay safe,
                  WEB

Stay safe,
                  WEB

Comment

[quote]
                    Jweb,
                    Might worry about something like that if I was going to be doing a lot of dry fire on my M1A. There have been many types of them over the years, I guess I just never really saw the purpose.[/b]

CR

You may want to check this one out. It is made by Fulton Armory specifically for M1 Garand, M14 and M1A. I have used a similar device in my AR platforms and they work very well.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/dryfiredevice...ltonarmory.aspx

Stay safe,
                    WEB

Stay safe,
                    WEB

Comment

Working...
                    X