Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OHHH!!!!! That makes a lot f sense. I get it now.

More question, The wind constants that one divides by at different distances, do they change when the wind is not full value??
    Ineffective, unfocused violence ,and limp panicky half measures lead to more violence. However, complete, fully thought through,
    professional, well executed violence never leads to more violence, because afterwards, all the other guys are dead. "On Combat"

Comment

Ok here's another question.
      When you figure out 1/2 value or 1/4 value, where along the math process do you figure it out. Clear as mud????

Example: Lets say taget is at 500y with a 10mph wind from 2 o'clock. The data card says that at that range you shift 22.2" into wind. Now you have to figure out the amount of clicks to move windage. ok 88.8 on a 1/4 MOA optic. So do you cut that value in half or do you figure out the whole thing using 5mph?? Again clear as mud?????

Sorry if it confusing. I guess i'm all confused???

Thanks

R.
      Ineffective, unfocused violence ,and limp panicky half measures lead to more violence. However, complete, fully thought through,
      professional, well executed violence never leads to more violence, because afterwards, all the other guys are dead. "On Combat"

Comment

Rickp,

I don't mean to be short, but you would probably benefit greatly from http://www.shooterready.com/ and getting their simulation. There are several good books out there as well, but shooter ready is hard to beat as a training tool and getting your brain wrapped around it.

I'm going to have a lot harder time explaining all of that over a post when Shooter Ready makes it simple.
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Thanka usngunner. Actually I was playing with a similar program. I'll loiok into this one. Again thanks

R.

Comment

The old Marine formula messes with guys because it is in 1/2 moa and not 1/4 moa. So, if your shooting a rifle scope with 1/4 (.25) clicks you can get messed up. 0-500 = 15, 600 = 14 and so on works with 1/2 clicks.

Tom
            T.Bruner

Comment

The wind drift constants that you used for the 1911 Springfield are based on .5 clicks not .25 clicks.

Tom
              T.Bruner

Comment

[quote]
                http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/calculations/tr...d/traj_card.htm.

This year I hope to have my wind book done and published. I'm hoping it will help shed some light on the art of wind drift.

Take care, flea[/b]
                Mr. Flea,

Two questions;

One - that link seems to be dead now, is there a replacement that you know of or a similar product that is currently available.

Two - Did you ever write that book?

Thank you
                ?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
                General James Mattis, USMC

"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down."
                Yagyu Munenori

"A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by."
                John Wayne

Comment

Check for the wind direction using the ever present wind direction tool www.etuicoquesamsung.com etuicoquesamsung.com
                  Last edited by johana0662; 01-06-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballist...culators.shtml
                    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
                    X