Wind and Angles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, no idea about anything like that.

I was doing a private long range class at Legion OTG.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I bet Saturday was awesome!
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

I spent half the day Saturday mounting 6 S&B scopes to 6 of the student's custom rifles. Spent the rest of the day on the Multipurpose range zeroing the rifles that he wanted a 100yd zero on. Didn't hit the UKD Range until Sunday, and then we spent 9 hours there.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

The FBI sniper training book teaches..... Adjust elevation for recalculated horizontal distance and windage for slope distance. Reference:" Advanced Rifle Training For The Observer/ Sniper FBI Academy Firearmes Training Unit Quantico, Virgina ( Page: 46.)
            I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
            "Dogs best friend"
            "Every dog needs a friend"
            "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
            "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
            " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
            " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
            (All the above, Yours Truly
            The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

[quote]
              The FBI sniper training book teaches..... Adjust elevation for recalculated horizontal distance and windage for slope distance. Reference:" Advanced Rifle Training For The Observer/ Sniper FBI Academy Firearmes Training Unit Quantico, Virgina ( Page: 46.)[/b]
              Nice. I definitely believe you guys, it just still makes my head hurt. But that's not very hard to make happen.
              ?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
              General James Mattis, USMC

"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down."
              Yagyu Munenori

"A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by."
              John Wayne

Comment

[quote]
                <div class='quotemain'>The FBI sniper training book teaches..... Adjust elevation for recalculated horizontal distance and windage for slope distance. Reference:" Advanced Rifle Training For The Observer/ Sniper FBI Academy Firearmes Training Unit Quantico, Virgina ( Page: 46.)[/b]
                it just still makes my head hurt.
                [/b]
                It's just a simple trig. function. Take the decimal result of the cosine of the angle between the horizontal distance & the slope distance, multiply that decimal reading against the slope distance. that equals the distance you apply to the elevation turret. Apply normal windage to the slope distance.

example: You're on top of a building. You range your target: 141.4 yrds. The angle is 45 degrees.
                Cosine of a 45 deg. angle ='s .7071
                .7071X141.4 ='s 99.98 yds.
                Set your elevation for a 100yrd. shot.
                Set windage for a 141.4 yrd. shot. Taking into account if it's a full value, 1/2 value, 1/4 value, etc.
                I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                "Dogs best friend"
                "Every dog needs a friend"
                "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                (All the above, Yours Truly
                The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Working...
                X