No announcement yet.

New Training Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great so far. lots of good drills. I'll be using some for training.
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

I will order mine soon.
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Got it today ...
        " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Thanks you very much for all your positive comments. Writing a sniper book is something that comes from the heart, nobody is going to write such a book to make money with it.... BUT it will help or comrades in harms way with some knowledge that might save their lives or at least give them an edge over the Tangos or terrorists at home. Preparing for the Shot Show this year I realized that I have corrected the errors in the Sniperīs Paradise webpage listings BUT had not fullfilled my promise to post more and contribute to this awesome website. Please forgive me and take my word that i will do so in 2014.

Eduardo
          That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
          Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Thanks much! As I've said before, over and over; excellent book!
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I am impressed also, I got it while back. Sadly it shows how much I'm lacking. Thanks for an awesome book!

Comment

Great read Eduardo. Looking forward to your postings.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

ICU, I could have pointed all that out and saved ya the cost of the book!
                  www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Gee thanks, now ya tell me!

Comment

All of the sniper competitions I've seen on TV primarily focus on shooting. While I agree a sniper's primary function is shooting there are other functions of job, that is just as important. If those functions of the job aren't conducted successfully the shot wont be made. Another aspect of Marine Corps Scout/Sniper training is reconnaissance which is why our MOS is Scout/Sniper and not just Sniper. I am not saying the Marine Corps isn't the only service that teaches reconnaissance to their snipers it's just that I know reconnaissance is a large portion of our course. No we are not trained in reconnaissance as indepth as Force Recon but more of a long distance observation manner. For me Snipers or Scout/Snipers whichever is your peference of title are not utilized to their fullest potential. Case in point is Scout/Snipers are aslo (or at least when I was in) as forward observers for supporting arms. Several Scout/Sniper teams working together to cover areas of several square clicks can do way more damage than a squad, platoon or in some cases entire infantry companies. I am not saying this to be arrogant but the capabilities of Scout/Snipers, beyond shooting, can easily control an area of operation and own the land. Case in point Stalingrad. Personally I believe unit leaders should be trained in the capabilities of Scout/Snipers and actually all of their assets outside their standard infantry men.

I didn't mean to derail the thread but I tend to digress easily lol. And I also order a copy and looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Working...
                      X