Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Training Book

Good Day Everyone,

For anyone looking to add very useful and informative books to their library I would strongly suggest the 100+ Sniper Exercises book by my great friend and Spanish brother Eduardo Abril de Fontcuberta! The exercises in this bookófrom the U.S. Marines and U.S. Army, U.S. Navy SEALs, Spanish Foreign Legion, Swedish Marines, Gunsite, Snipercraft, and many other top sniping programsócover the entire spectrum of the professional sniper's skill set. The author wraps up with his recommendations for sniper competitions, schools, instructors, and equipment. Whether you need stand-alone training drills or a complete course in tactical marksmanship, you will get it with the exercises in this book.

http://www.paladin-press.com/product/100-S...ercises/Sniping

Thanks
    Formerly ELRx3

www.ccintnl.com

USA Home of the Voere Precision Weapon Systems; Model M2 and X3

Ordered!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
      Ordered![/b]
      right behind ya
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Eduardo is a walking ballistics genius. I have had a chance to shoot with him over the years and have always been fascinated by his capacity to calculate stuff off the top of his head. He's one of those people that believes that good enough isn't. He's a perfectionist. He helped John Plaster update and make a Spanish translation of his Ultimate Sniper book. Here's some pics of Eduardo and I over the years.

Eduardo and I at the Barrett M95 course for the Spanish Military. He was the head instructor as well one of Barrett's biggest assets in the testing of the rifle in the field. He helped solve an issue with the picatinny rail screws shearing, as well as mounts for the Simrad night vision system.

Eduardo and I at the 2008 FinnSniper edition. I once wrote an article on this forum about our experience in that event. Eduardo also won the 2011 50 Cal World Championship with a Steyr 50 cal rifle he helped develop. You can't go wrong with this book.
        -
        Formerly known as N15

Comment

I remember the write up on the Finnish competition. It was outstanding. Glad to have you back Sigma, looking forward to getting my copy.
          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Good Day Everyone,

Hey Sigma05....The Spaniards ballistic knowledge is absolutely incredible. The figures and information he can provide at the most spur of moment situation is astonishing.

For you all that want a taste of Eduardos' knowledge, you can pick up the March edition of Rifle Firepower and read the article he done in regards to taking the 338LM to 2700yards

Thanks
            Formerly ELRx3

www.ccintnl.com

USA Home of the Voere Precision Weapon Systems; Model M2 and X3

Comment

It's also on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Exercises-Edu...niper+Exercises

Currently out of stock. Will be ordering soon.....
              In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

got my copy today...going to take days to go through the catalog they sent too
                "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Ordered mine through Caliber Press, got it today.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

OK, head into the "Throne Room", close the door, put down the seat, and get to reading!

I am hoping that it will be a worthwhile resource, but at $40, I am hoping for some feedback before I drop that kind of money.

Thanks!
                    M Richardson
                    "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
                    Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

Hah! I've got an international mission later this week, saving it for the flight.

Comment

I've only flipped through it so far, but looks well worth the money so far. I teach a lot of LE classes, so this will give me more drills. Not only shooting drills, but field exercises, physical tests, etc.

Comment

I'm only on page 79 out of 31 so far and like most of what I've seen. Some good drills so far, some very good drills, some excellent drills and some outstanding drills. I haven't seen any that I thought were BS, useless or counterproductive. I'll update this post as I get more into the book.

Not all the drills are shooting drills. Some are PT tests, there are land nav drills, stalking & creeping exercises, etc. From what I've seen so far, this book is a "must have" for any LE Snipers looking for ways to "measure" or "rate" their overall proficiency. The author even lists drills that he feels you should start off with, and only progress to the "Y" drills after you have mastered the "X" drills.

I'll be buying some of these for Christmas presents this year!

My only real gripe so far: SP is mentioned a ton o' times and he has our website listed wrong! He's got it listed as sniperparadise.com! Damnit! Hah!

My favorite quote so far: ""The United States Marine Corps trains the best snipers in the world. I am not a Marine, nor an American, so this affirmation is not tainted by national pride. As a Spanish citizen, I have been able to train in many countries, including the United States, and of all the sniper courses I have taken or witnessed, I have found the Marines' MOS 8541 the most complete."

Comment

[quote]
                            I'm only on page 79 out of 31 so far and like most of what I've seen. Some good drills so far, some very good drills, some excellent drills and some outstanding drills. I haven't seen any that I thought were BS, useless or counterproductive. I'll update this post as I get more into the book.

Not all the drills are shooting drills. Some are PT tests, there are land nav drills, stalking & creeping exercises, etc. From what I've seen so far, this book is a "must have" for any LE Snipers looking for ways to "measure" or "rate" their overall proficiency. The author even lists drills that he feels you should start off with, and only progress to the "Y" drills after you have mastered the "X" drills.

I'll be buying some of these for Christmas presents this year!

My only real gripe so far: SP is mentioned a ton o' times and he has our website listed wrong! He's got it listed as sniperparadise.com! Damnit! Hah!

My favorite quote so far: ""The United States Marine Corps trains the best snipers in the world. I am not a Marine, nor an American, so this affirmation is not tainted by national pride. As a Spanish citizen, I have been able to train in many countries, including the United States, and of all the sniper courses I have taken or witnessed, I have found the Marines' MOS 8541 the most complete."[/b]
                            This is knowledgeable man for sure. Just got the book and will start reading.

I was wondering why the Marines don't seem to win the sniper competition on the military channel?
                            Here?s to cheating, stealing, and drinking. If you must cheat, then cheat death. If you must steal then steal a young girl?s heart. And if you must drink then have a drink with me.

Comment

Winning a competition doesn't necessarily make you the best at something. Just cuz Taran Butler is one of the top IPSC shooters in the world doesn't mean that he will win a gunfight.

Also, you don't know that different teams are necessarily the best guys they have in a particular unit. When I was a Scout/Sniper in the Corps, I never even heard of going to outside competitions.....didn't know it existed. It turns out that there were many SS guys that were being sent to outside comps while I was in the Corps. A lot of it is dependent upon your unit commander and what he thinks about stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X