This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Brother,
    If you read the review above, you'll see that the first bag is a very simple design that basically just folds around the rifle, and is secured by a couple of clips. It's basic design and easier construction is the reason it's less expensive. The larger bag is a more complex design, that has multiple pockets secured with zippers, fold away shoulder straps and so on. The more complex construction is the reason for the higher price. Pros and cons of the bag are based on perceived need. If you only plan to carry a rifle in the case, there is nothing wrong with the more simple design. Of course, you'll be carrying the rest of your gear elsewhere. If you'd like to have all your gear in one case, the second bag might be the better option...
    If you are interested in a bag like the second, but with an added ground pad, also American made, you can look at the drag bags made by Tactical Operations, Inc. The bags are very similar to the Eagle Drag Bag, but have an additional pocket for a suppressor, and also have an accordion style fold away shooting mat that has it's own pocket on the underside of the bag and reportedly makes the bag more comfortable to carry against the back when heavily loaded, and also smoother to drag...Here is a review of one of the bags, from Sniper Central.
    Respectfully,
    Harry
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

I like the one with the shooters mat better. Is it as durable is the more complex bag? Does anyone use the cheaper one or do most use the more expensive one?

Comment

[quote]
        I like the one with the shooters mat better. Is it as durable is the more complex bag? Does anyone use the cheaper one or do most use the more expensive one?[/b]

the guys that know said to buy good stuff once. They havent led me astray yet and I am saving for the better quality one. I have bought some cheaper stuff because it was readily available and I needed it right away but buy good stuff if you can wait till you got the cash. The better quality stuff I have bought has always performed well. Most of the time my long gun is 10-8 its in the pelican in the back of the truck or inside strapped to the back of the seat if there isn't any of the designated snipers on duty. I wait since I don't really need it immediately and the only dragging is to the house and the pelican has wheels...to aid in sliding and wear...
        Μολὼν λαβ* (pronounced /moˈlɔːn laˈbe/) "Come and get them" - Leonidas, Battle of Thermopylae, When asked to put down their weapons for the Persian Army 480 B.C.

"To the German Commander, NUTS!, The American Commander" General Anthony Clement McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 � August 11, 1975) when asked to surrender the town of Bastogne to the German Army which surrounded them

Comment

I wish they made a gortex lined drag bag that was 100 percent water proof and this would protect your weapon and give you a good ground insulator.

Comment

[quote]
            I wish they made a gortex lined drag bag that was 100 percent water proof and this would protect your weapon and give you a good ground insulator.[/b]
            Complete waste of Gore-Tex. Drag bags are not designed to "store" a weapon. Nor is Gore-Tex an insulator. The Cordura and padding in the bag will be fine. No need to add another $100 to the price of a drag bag.
            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Harry made a very valid point. If you're not going to use it for anything other than "transporting" there are other options. I have a Galati bag that is very well made and 1/2 the cost of the Eagle. If you are really going out in the shiite and going to be dragging your gear around then ccso12 said it best "buy once...cry once" The link I gave you for the Galati is one of our SP vendors U.S. Armorment you should always give Rory a call on gear he takes very good care of SP guy's.

http://usarmorment.com/galati-classic-drag...ping-p-260.html

Sam
              " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Well, you could make a design with all the features you want, and then have it made by your
                (designated) cloth workshop, if in the militairy.
                I know that the airforce has well equipped stores, (originally for flightcrew gear repairs), but they do have all type of goretex, webbing, padding etc.

Just my idea... low cost, and built to specs.

Comment

Working...
                X