Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good many operators are removing the foam from the Hardigg cases and using the shell to contain the SWS in the large bag.[/b]
    Ive been doing that for awhile with these bags, and the older models I used. I found out that with these bags, I had to remove most of the bulky stuff in the pockets to get my starlight case to close. I just take the stuff out of the pockets and tuck it along the top edge (handle side). Then once I get were I'm going, I open the case, stuff the good junk back into the pockets, and roll out ready to go with no delay. It saves space since you don't have a hard case and a dragbag to load up.

Also, once you get where you are going, you can stow important things in the empty hard case shell and lock it up to keep your teammates out. IE it becomes a beer locker
    Knowledge comes from retaining what is learned,
    Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by JY@Sep 10 2003, 6:38
      If I can help further please ask.

Take care...Jim

Please ignor typos, spelling and grammar errors...Thank you
      Thanks Jim great info!!!
      Why are you reading this? I for one won't read this. I think its gibberish or someone's soliloquy in manifesting his melancholic maladaptation into thinking that his schizophrenia has nothing to do with his cognitive dissonance. Hello, you there?

Comment

Thanks. Great article. :smoke:
        The loudest sound your weapon can make is CLICK. Remember to press check.

Your worst nightmare is just another day at the office for me.

Comment

I use the Blackhawk drag mat system. I like it alot and have been impressed with the quality.
          After looking at the pictures of the eagle system (the "mat" style one) , it looks almost identical. The only difference being that the velcro opening for the log book pocket on mine is on the right side of the pocket, and the Eagle one looks like it's on the bottom..
          Can anyone else confirm this?
          Do they use the same product and just slap a different name on it?

Comment

Do they use the same product and just slap a different name on it?[/b]
            No, Eagle makes their own gear.
            Knowledge comes from retaining what is learned,
            Thomas

Comment

Hey Brother,
              All Eagle products are made right here in the USA, and are top notch. Blackhawk products were made in America when the buisness first kicked off, but are now made in Vietnam. It's a profit margin thing. They can make thier products cheaper in Vietnam, but suprisingly, the prices aren't any lower then USA made gear. Go figure
              Respectfully,
              Harry
              "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

A word about Eagle. Eagle IS a governement supplier; the gear is made in the US as required by the federal government for military gear. They currently have the majority of their production capabilities commited to government contracts for the MOLLE system of vests, subloads, leg panels, pouches and such, none of which are available for civie purchase BTW. The military items you see for sale by them, on their site, are either contract over runs or older items. The largest end users of their items are SOF units in all three services and certain "civilian" agencies.

There have been a couple people on this board past and present who have been asked by Eagle for designs and improvements of their gear over the years. If the gear is from another company they will call the item what it is, such as they do carry CamelBak and call it CamelBak not some dramatic sounding in house name. Since Eagle has produced the above drag bags before the "other" company was in business, guess which is the copy. If you want a good USA made bag and want another maker try London Bridge Trading, their drag bag is original and also was copied by the other before they switched to PRVN made stuff.

Just some food for thought. Myself, I prefer my gear and weapons to be made in the USA by American workers and carry it in my Ford truck.

Take care...Jim
                "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...

I've always found Blackhawk gear to be top notch, but never knew the economics behind their business practices.
                  I'll take a closer look at Eagle next time. I've been thinking of one of their stock packs for my Rem700 AICS .300 Win Mag.

Thanks again..
                  -Cube

Comment

FWIW - I've got one of the small Eagle bags. I thought I'd try it out and then when it wore out and I knew a little bit better what I needed, I'd get a bigger bag (and maybe better). That was a few years ago... Damn thing won't wear out, won't tear, won't break - it just does what it's supposed to day after day. There's bigger bags and bags with more gucci gear attached, but none that are better quality.
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Comment

Hi Cube;

The stock pack will not fit on the AI stock It was originally made for the M21/25 rifles, it will fit on the M24 and is included in the SAK(Sniper Accessory Kit) just being issued. And will also fit on stocks such as the McMillan McHale stock as on the M86 SWS or most standard M700 and Win/FN rifles. Same goes for the copies made by BHI and others.

Take care...Jim
                      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Jim,

In reference to your last reply here. What drag bag of the first type ( simple envelope design )
                        will fit the AI 1.5 stock with 26 barrel ?

Thanks,
                        Sergey

Comment

Hi Sergey;

The Eagle bag shown in the article will fit the AI AW and others. The reference above is about the Eagle "Stock Pack". This item is a cheek piece with a small pack on the off side for small items of gear. The stock pack is included in the Army issue SAK(Sniper's Accessory Kit). As luck would have it I have the CD with me with photos of the "Stock Pack".

[attachment=2806:attachment]
                          [attachment=2807:attachment]

It's a handy item, the small pouch is good to hold lens cleaning items and such. The cheek piece itself adds little hight but the material is warmer to the touch than the bare sythetic stock in cold weather. There are 5 loops for ammo on the side, not very stealthy but they are there. The only problem is it fits the M24 and will fit the M86/89's but not anything bigger like the AI AW stock.

Hope this answers your question.

Take care...Jim
                          Attached Files

Comment

[quote]
                            Excellent info.!! Thanks.[/b]
                            Does "Eagle" mean Eagle Industries? What model bags are they as the pics wont show up for me.

Comment

Hey Kip,
                              Many time in the archives, particularly in the oldest topics, pictures won't be available. Posters have only been able to upload pictures directly to the site for the last four years or so. Prior to that, hosting via a third party was the only option. That's why in most instances the pictures won't be available unless the poster is still maintaining the picture(s).
                              The two bags Jim was evaluating are the;
                              1. Eagle Sniper Rifle Case and Shooting Pad
                              2. Eagle Drag Bag
                              I hope this helps...
                              Respectfully,
                              Harry
                              "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

[quote]
                                Hey Kip,
                                Many time in the archives, particularly in the oldest topics, pictures won't be available. Posters have only been able to upload pictures directly to the site for the last four years or so. Prior to that, hosting via a third party was the only option. That's why in most instances the pictures won't be available unless the poster is still maintaining the picture(s).
                                The two bags Jim was evaluating are the;
                                1. Eagle Sniper Rifle Case and Shooting Pad
                                2. Eagle Drag Bag
                                I hope this helps...
                                Respectfully,
                                Harry[/b]
                                Is there any cons to having a drag bag that also has a shooting pad? I have been wanting to get one but never got around to it. Why is the one with the mat so much cheaper? Is the mat version less durable or less built to be half the price?

Comment

Working...
                                X