Israeli ISSUE canteens and covers, the real deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli ISSUE canteens and covers, the real deal

Today we will show you the standard IDF (Israel Defense Forces) canteen. A basic 1 quart water bottle carried by all IDF troops. The issue EPHOD has two attached canteen covers with stabilizer straps to keep the from bouncing around. A separate issue canteen cover is issued when the soldier wants are is required to carry more than two canteens. Two types are common the older version used with the 60's through 70's khaki web gear made of cotton closed by snaps and a new version made of nylon with Velcro closures.

The new version is shown on the left closed by Velcro and a nylon loop on front for the stabilizer stap. On the right the old khaki version close by snaps. Both are for the standard IDF plastic canteen.
    1.JPG

As with ALL issued IDF items they bear the date and IDF ownership markings, PX or camper shop items will not have these markings just a makers tag. This is the new nylon cover, the marking are a bit hard to read and photograph...
    2.JPG

Here the older khaki cover, the marking are identical to the nylon other than the date and much easier to read...
    3.JPG

here is a rear view of the canteens showing the belt attachment hook and belt slots. The nylon is again on the left. Both have the British style hooks to attach to a pistol belt with hook "pockets " along with a belt loop. The older khaki has a US style 1917 belt hook for belts with the eyelets like a US pistol belt to hang the canteen lower...
    4.JPG

Article continues below.....
    Last edited by JY; 06-14-2016, 07:52 PM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

The plastic 1 quart ISSE canteen is again marked with ownership markings and "for drinking water" in Hebrew...
    5.JPG

They may also be marked on the base...
    6.JPG

All may be carried on the old khaki pistol belts that have the E-tool loop at the back. I usually carried two this way along with a holstered pistol when in the country. The cover on the right is a "PX" cover and does nt have IDF ownership markings just a "Hagar" maker tag. on the left is the older khaki version, both have 1917 hangers and worn on the older khaki belt with E-tool handle loop between them...make ya look more "salty" while riding in a Jeep (M151)LOL! Us blue eyed gentile boys needed all the help we could get...lol...yep wore the "red" paratrooper boots and "kava Raful" boonie hat, maybe show you two issue kovas in next installment if there's interest...along with IDF "Beth" shirt and trousers used in the field.
    7.jpg
    Remember if there is no IDF ownership markings is BS folks, the real deal is hard to come by.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
    Last edited by JY; 06-14-2016, 01:38 AM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Sweet. Interesting stuff. It's nice to see the gear from other countries and their approach to things. Post away buddy.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Interesting how everyone has a slightly different take on things, and also the smaller countries making some items in-country to work with other equipment they have either been given or could buy.

Comment

Looks good Jim!
          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
          X