This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROK ARMY 12ID INSIDE THE DMZ

The current issue ROK Army uniform is made in "granite" camouflage. The jacket is worn ticked in and has two chest pockets and a sleeve pocket on each sleeve.

Inside the DMZ the DMZ Police patch is worn over the left pocket, name tag over right pocket, Unit patches attach with Velcro with rank insignia worn either on the epaulets or on left pocket flap.. When inside the wire the DMZ MP brassard is worn on the left arm with a length on para cord looped around the left epaulet holding it on the arm. A unit specific patch is worn on the right chest pocket (unit ID not given for OPSEC)...
    DSC00002.JPG
    A second current jacket with sniper, taekwondo and 12ID patches...
    DSC00007.JPG

The jackets are worn ticked in and the trousers are equipped with a camou web belt and darkened metal fixtures...
    DSC00004.JPG

In the 1980's and 90's and even to this date advisors to the 12ID worn standard US Army woodland BDU's modified by removing the lower pockets so they could be worn ticked in like the Korean versions and epaulets added. They also wore ROKA colour insignia. In this case Major's insignia on the collar, ROK Army Masters Para wings over left pocket and white name tag over the right pocket above this is the ROK Army SF identifier and the12ID unit shoulder patch on the left shoulder...a 12ID lighter is shown next to the US name tag.
    DSC00010.JPG

Sorry for the brevity of the photos and article but this is all the space allows. Wew hope this short write up is of interest and provides you with information on a very close allies' uniforms. As always AL ROK military uniforms are marked with a tag of the Defense department and nomenclature of the item, even belts...

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Nice. Thanks Jim. Hopefully we can keep this one.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Thanks for sharing Jim, can't wait to read your next post
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Working...
      X