This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEMORIES OF THE ROK ARMY 12ID (MOUNTAIN) VIDEO ADDED OF 12ID

The 12ID of the ROK Army is located in the eastern part of the DMZ and performs security duties inside the DMZ. Their area is mountainous. hence the (mountain) in their designation. It has a long and honored history available online. These are a few of my memories from the division.

a VIDEO of the 12ID...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObRDso5-6o

Here are three different 12ID uniform jackets, one from the 80/90's (with colour shoulder patch) and two from the current era shown on the camo pattern is a lighter and coin given to those who served....
    m1.jpg

The front of the coin, this is a "desk coin" given to commissioned officers...
    M2.jpg

The rear of the coin showing the four components of the 12ID with a traditional Korean mounted warrior in the center...
    M3.jpg

These were to accompany the articles on ROK Army winter parkas and caps that have vanished from the site. We hope you will find them interesting.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
    Last edited by JY; 04-02-2016, 04:49 PM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Nice. FYI, I made these "stickys", I think that is the equivalent to pinning them in the old software. Let's see if that helps buddy.

Vince
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

That's interresting, you're the only one to share those stuffs and I greatly appreciate it !
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Hi Dom;

Great to see you back brother! We try to get more people aware of the Korean War and current happenings in the conflict that seems to never end. And we try to show what our home is really like. We a very happy you like it.

Your friends...Jim & Soo-jin
        Last edited by JY; 03-30-2016, 12:15 AM.
        "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Never end, that's the word ! Thanks for sharing. The other interresting point is how the civilian act ? How do the live when they are far from the DMZ ? how the whole sociaty live with that crap in the border ? Do they daily think about that ? Or is there two worlds, those involved in the border and the other side ?
          " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Hi Dom;

The civilians in Korea continue life as normal as possible. In our neighborhood in Paju we live much like any town in the USA, we just go on day by day. The only difference is we are right next to the enemy, he is just across the river from our home. We are the frontline, those below us live very much in peace, most of the time. So in many ways it is two worlds, but they do know what is going on here on the frontlines. Many times our world spills into theirs, and the North does try to infiltrate the southern area and also drop their leaflets in Seoul and to the south. The North infiltrates commandos into the south by both AN-2 aircraft and the Special Operations submarines along the coast so nobody is really out of the areas of possible combat. All Koreans know the war is not over just stalled along the DMZ, they appreciate the military much more than in the USA and always thank us for coming to help defend their country and to welcome us to our new home. They do it and mean it, not just a couple mumbled words they think is required to make themselves feel better. We fell in love with this beautiful country and it's people, we are at home now and will never leave.

take care, friend...Jim & Soo-jin

Comment

"Just making the best of a bad situtation!"
              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
              X