INTRODUCTION 1 TO ROK CAMOUFLAGE,THE DMZ POLICE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTRODUCTION 1 TO ROK CAMOUFLAGE,THE DMZ POLICE

We are planning an article on current ROK military camouflaged uniforms currently in use and will start with some illustrations of what insignia is worn and how rank is display to introduce this upcoming article.

Today we will show you the insignia and uniforms of the troops we come in contact with daily here in the DMZ. This is the "DMZ POLICE". By UN treaty only "POLICE" are allowed inside the DMZ, now if you believe these are MPs I got a bridge I want to show you. Hmmm. maybe you guessed it, these are infantry in disguise...could be lol! At any rate crew served and heavy weapons are banned inside the DMZ and this is sometimes even respected at least here on the South side...those KPA 14.5mm weapons are a pest at times...

The first uniform is a "DMZ POLICE" jacket as normally worn complete with the MP brassard required by UN234.
    DSC00002.JPG

Here closer look. Right chest is a name tag and unit pocket patch (we will not ID specific unit patches)., Left chest. "DMZ POLICE" ID tape in Korean and English, SGT rank badge on pocket flap. Shoulders green leadership tabs, in this case a squad leader. Left arm the DMZ POLICE brassard in Korean and MP in English.
    DSC00003.JPG

Another DMZ POLICE jacket this time from the ROKA 12DIV (MOUNTAIN)
    DSC00005.JPG

And a closer view of the insignia. Right chest, name tag, and unit pocket patch. Left chest top Reserve force patch, below Taekwondo instructor tape, below "DMX POLICE tape in Korean and English. SGT rank on pocket flap . Left shoulder ROKA 12DIV (MOUNTAIN) insignia.
    DSC00006.JPG

All units assigned to the DMZ will follow these configurations though some may not wear the DMZ POLICE tape or wear the brassard which also will get lost on certain patrol operations. All "regular" units wear the standard ROKA camouflaged uniforms though Special Warfare Command will wear the normal SF camouflage with insignia normally removed.

These are the troops we deal with and operate with daily. our brothers and sisters of the DMZ, "IN FRONT OF THEM ALL" on Freedom's Frontier. We hope you found this informative and interesting.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin, Paju, Freedom's Frontier, ROK
    Last edited by JY; 06-20-2015, 09:41 PM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Thanks for the pictures Jim. Interesting stuff.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Same as Vince ! Do they also use UBAS ?
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Hi Dom;

Nope, no snivel gear. Not much armor worn either mostly LBVs.

Take care, friend...Jim & Soo-jin
        "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Working...
        X