Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field gear of The North Korean People's Army, the KPA: NEW UNIFORM GEAR ADDED 24 JUNE 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field gear of The North Korean People's Army, the KPA: NEW UNIFORM GEAR ADDED 24 JUNE 2015

North Korean People's Army field gear is basic and most is made in China and of better quality than the local made gear. Made of green or tannish green cotton materials. Design is of the "satchel" type, all pouches generally have a shoulder strap and belt loops on the rear to attach to the pistol belt. Items carried usually consist of the belt, magazine pouch, bayonet(though not always, they seem to be traded off normally lol), and canteen. A food tube is rarely worn filled with rice or other grains. A small side pack is also worn "normally" that contains a rice bowl, chop sticks, wash cloth, soap, and other personal items along with rations..

Here is the normal gear carried on patrol in and around the DMZ area, some are marked in Chinese some no marks at all.

From top; Standard KPA field cap and badge, most troops in the AO are Special Operations (ranger like units, Special Forces, Recon and sniper all prefer soft caps)

second row; Side pack, canteen (positive Chinese), magazine pouch with 5 magazines, multi tool kit and oil can inside fastened with Chines wooden toggles and marked in Chinese .

Next row; Chinese Type 62 Compass and leather pouch, usually carried inside side pack.

Top belt, wide Chinese made equipment belt with Chinese mark on buckle. Not seen often, I guess the skinny KPA think it too wide lol.

Middle belt, unmarked tannish coloured pistol belt, can also be used as a trouser belt. Most seen in the AO..

Bottom belt, these are just starting to show up. A Chinese made and marked nylon trouser belt.
    DSC00001.JPG

The pouches are usually worn attached to a belt, though they may at times be worn alone on the shoulder strap. KPA will at times wear their decorations on the left side of their field jackets which pleases us collectors immensely. They will also wear fearless leader pins which seem to get totally ruined during capture lol.

Here shown is the side pack with a few items carried inside, chop sticks, rice bowl, and at times the canteen along with the Type 62 compass.
    DSC00003.JPG

The magazine pouch holds 5 AK type magazines, a tool kit in the small pocket on right and an oil bottle in the left pocket. The base is padded to protect magazine lips and a flap at top is closed with a wooden toggle to secure magazines. Chinese marker and dated.
    DSC00004.JPG

We hope you found this brief article interesting and realized just how basic the North Korean infantryman's existence is, he can move great distances at high speed and stealth with just this and do it at times barefoot! NO SNIVEL GEAR and very little food and water, respect this soldier he serves for a MINIMUM of 10 years, he is one of the toughest soldiers we have faced both here in Asia and in Africa or the middle east, all of which he is currently active in. If you run into this soldier be wary, he would rather die than give up.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
    Last edited by JY; 06-22-2015, 04:01 PM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Got them now. Thanks for the intel buddy.
    Last edited by usngunner; 06-24-2015, 05:21 PM.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

A look at the current NKPA uniform in the JSA. North Korea has updated the uniforms for their Security Bn in the Joint Security Ares (JSA) Pan Mun Jom. A more modern summer uniform is apparent along with a new ballistic helmet replacing the old Sovie t M60 pattern. The old elt is still used along with a Chinese made holster and magazine pouch made of leather. her are three who did not like their photos being taken.
      1.jpg 2.jpg

hey smile blockhead!

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JY; 06-23-2015, 09:44 PM.
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Heh heh heh. Taking pictures of the picture takers. The games we play.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
        X