Improved Norotos "Rhino Arms" NODs assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Norotos "Rhino Arms" NODs assembly

Norotos has upgraded the "Rhino arm" and front bracket for the MICH and ACH helmets. The older arms and mounts are still in use and will be for awhile yet. The improved models NSN is 5855-01-610-8704 and come as a set front bracket and Rhino arm. The front bracket has been improved with a wider foot print to eliminate the torque placed on it by the panoramic and newer NODs in use today . The rhino arm itself has a new feature allowing the entire arm to be raided and lowered to adjust the NOD for more comfort and move it tighter to the face. The front bracket is coloured a flat black and the Rhino arm is titanium gray. The entire mount is made of Titanium and aluminum.

Here it is mounted, note OCP/multicam is the only camouflage authorized for Ranger units and the new fits right into the scheme and colours.
    1.jpg

The front bracket has wider spaced "legs" to make it more stable with heavier NODs.
    5.jpg

Here is a comparison of the "old" and new" Rhino arms along with two of the older front brackets one black and one "tan". Note the new lever at the main pivot point to adjust the height of the arm.
    2.jpg

Here is a side comparison of the older black arm and the newer gray improved version which is stronger.
    3.jpg

Continued in next section.
    Last edited by JY; 04-17-2015, 12:39 AM.
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

A closer view of the height adjustment of the Rhino arm. Once locked it is very solid and secure .
    4.jpg

The forward and rearward adjustment of the NOD is now a dovetail affair with a locking nob, again very solid and secure.
    6.jpg

Included in the package is a quick reference card explaining all the new features and installing the new mount.
    8.jpg

7.jpg

We have found the new mount to be both comfortable and very strong and advise you to switch if you unit is authorized to receive the newer mount, it's just that much better! We hope you found this informative, if any questions please feel free to ask we will try to help you out.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin, we own the night..well maybe lease it lol!
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Glad I never had to wear one of those!
      "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Working...
      X