"it's All About Saving Lives"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All;

Cinch Tight has a site at Cinch Tight goes into uses of the CT and other products they produce. A lot of good information there.

Take care...Jim
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Here's a little better pic of the Cinch Tight showing the hook used to "lock"in the pressure on the dressing.[attachment=763:attachment]

Take care...Jim
      Attached Files
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Thanks for the links. I coulda used that stuff myself a few years back.. Now I hope Ill never have to use it again. But better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Comment

Hi all;

Here's a url for a new item coming online. This one is a no brainer to apply in the form of a flat bandage. I haven't any first hand experience with it so can't comment on it's effectiveness, but it may be of use for those a little squimish with the QuikClot application process. Check it out at Hemcon

Take care...Jim

Comment

I was recently at TREXPO and got a copy of Police Magazine which had an article on hemostatic bandages. I can not find a link to the new article, but will post links to the new companies making these bandages. In the meantime, there is one article discussing the USMC's trials. Go to www.policemag.com and hit the archives page. The article is titled "Battlefield Medicine" and is in the March 2003 issue. If anyone has a copy of the August 2004 issue, their is a better article, but it is not available on line. Be sure to read the article to the section on the exothermic reaction generated by the QuikClot, and consider the TraumaDEX, which is what I now carry. Anyway, just my two cents....

Here is another, better article: http://www.navyjncc.com/Adances-in-Hemostatic.html

Sorry to ramble.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
            -Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955

Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend. -NoFear Gear 1996

They do not teach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose. They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their jobs when they dam'-well choose. As in the thronged and the lighted ways, so in the dark and desert they stand, Wary and watchful all their days that their brethren's day may be long in the land
            -Rudyard Kipling in "The Sons of Martha" (a poem about warriors

Comment

There are a lot of mixed schools of thought regarding the use of the Quik Clot within the Pre Hospital Critical Care environment, both for and against its application. In a civillian, non tactical environment, Id prefer to not use it in any situation due to the complications it will cause the ED staff once you've delivered whatever or whoever to the hospital. One of the largest problems is the clean up process that the ED has to go thru to remove the agent, and within that you also open yourself up to foreign bodies or infections. The biggest problem with the above is that if the ED is having to clean up and remove the clotting agent, this is time lost withn the Definitive care process.

I believe it has its merits, within the Tactical community where hemmorhagic loss is more of a factor than loss of airway within the chain of survival.

We dont use it down here within the 911/Rescue System, and Ive heard of a few cities that have started using it with varied results.

Me personally, I will stick to good ol' large trauma dressings and 2" tape or Kling. The cinch tight looks like a good product as well.

'Squatch....

Comment

Working...
              X