NAME THE UNIT GAME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAME THE UNIT GAME

Like most soldiers/Marines/sailors I tend to trade patches, wings and such from foreign counterparts I meet, I think most have a patch board in their drinking area of home Plus tend to pick up a trinket or two from the opposition that no longer need them if I respect them

So, here is the game.
    1) Photograph your patches badges and such.
    2) Upload them to the thread, upload up to 4 if they are related and same nationality.
    3) To win the players must identify:
    A) The nationality
    The unit and branch of service
    C) If more than one insignia, the relationship between those shown.
    D) Where the unit is located
    4) The poster can then ask bonus questions that will further educate the layers with facts they may not know.

The winner then will post his insignia and so on. A simple game but may bring us all a surprise or two and more knowledge, and knowledge is power

I'll start with an easy one;

[attachment=17049:SP_patches.jpg]

A) Name the nationality
    Branch of service and unit
    C) What they have in common
    D) Where are they serving today

Bonus: What do they have in common with some US units?

Good luck!

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin (these are from our joint collection, )
    Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Me thinks no answers forthcoming So here is the answers to this group.

A) Nationality, People's Republic of China
    People's Liberation Army (PLA)
    C) All are active in Xinjiang Province combating Muslim terrorists
    D) All stationed inside Xinjiang Province.

Units: TOP LEFT, Xinjiang Province Military Region Special Forces (similar to US Rangers/Delta)
    TOP RIGHT, PLA Xinjiang Military Region "SKY-WOLF" Special Forces (Ranger/counter terrorist)
    BOTTOM, PLA Xinjiang Province Military Cavalry Troops unit 69230 (horse cavalry, long range patrol) we met
    this unit a lot along the Wakhan Corridore. Had dinner and drinks a few times with the CO and XO, good food
    and Chinese rot gut, what else could you want in the REAL middle of nowhere ???

BONUS: They too are fighting in the war on terror, you may be surprised just who your friends are lol.

What a PLA SF camouflage jacket with insignia looks like, all insignia is removable except for the PLA tab.
    [attachment=17051:PLA_SF.jpg]

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

New one ?
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

LOL, Okay Dom! You have some in your collection my friend?

Comment

Yep sir, let's start with a big level :

Just kidding :

extra one give me an era for those :

Comment

Don't know the exact era, but the 2 patches in the last pic are a Brit Sniper badge and a German one, from left to right.
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Center mass, 80's for the Jack kingdom and unofficial 2K for the German (AFG made)

Comment

Working...
              X