OKC MODEL 1 STRAP CUTTER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC MODEL 1 STRAP CUTTER

We are enjoying doing nothing! Nice day so we're sitting on the deck enjoying the sunshine and the ocean. So what better time to add a review of a simple little item I photographed back in Paju awhile back Soo-jin's making some more ice tea so the coast is clear. When I was taking the photos she made the comment..."Dutch, why not put MY jacket for background? I get you black one, knife stand out better...and my jacket cooler than yours" "I'll take name tag and rank slides off, PERSEC you know, right Babo?" She has learned well.

The OKC Model 1 Strap Cutter is a simple little knife to cut, wait for it...nylon seatbelt straps, boot leather, web gear and similar item for either personal escape or rescue. You get the whole kit in a little plastic envelope. They come in colours, to match the different uniforms used today, big deal nut if you're fashion conscience I guess.
    [attachment=16683:1.JPG]

Here's the nomenclature sticker with all the info...
    [attachment=16684:2.JPG]

When you pull it out you see it's a neat little and very light kit...
    [attachment=16685:3.JPG]

When you open the Velcro closing top flap you'll find a spare parts kit in another Velcro secured pouch...
    [attachment=16686:4.JPG]

The little kit has 4 more screws and blades, the plastic caes is rattle proof in case the bad guys sitting on your chest and you don't want to rattle
    [attachment=16687:5.JPG]

The Cutter itself is the one that goes into the left leg pocket of the Aircrew nomex ACU uniforms and any other with the pocket. "Dutch ouy know as soon as we get nice new nomex they switch to other camou......yep, they are, we both received 3 new sets
    [attachment=16688:6.JPG]

These are the main uses of the cutter, the clevis cutter blade and the oxygen wrench of which you have two the other is where the lanyard attaches...
    [attachment=16689:7.JPG]

The cutter also has a hone on it's side to sharpen the blade once removed...
    [attachment=16690:8.JPG]

So bowing to popular demand, this is the OKC Model 1 as issued..."my jacket cooler..."
    [attachment=16691:9.JPG]

And here all the components. the scabbard has the usual MOLLE attachment to place it anywhere on your gear...
    [attachment=16692:10.JPG]

Also include is a two page instruction sheet, just in case lol...
    [attachment=16693:11.JPG]

Soo-jin may be right about her black BDU jacket, good contrast She's a Special lady, how many other men's wives wear this fashionable "suit' to work lol...and she looks beaufiful in it
    [attachment=16694:12.JPG]

Not a hi-tec super duper hand made custom knife, but, it will get you out of a down chopper or get all the Gucci gear off if you need a puncture sealed fast.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin "The Fashion Plate"
    Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Gotta love a hook knife. Mine's not that fancy, but it works. Never leave a plane without it.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hi Vince;

Know hat you mean. I've carried a Schrade Walden reserve chute knife since I "found" it in that little pocket on the pack It's orange and black "stag" handle is now mostly orange, I never have figured out what deer these colored antlers came off of The moral here is ALWAYS ATTACH IT TO A LANYARD lol.

I am told these old soldiers are collectable now, in cool factor alone these outshine the new aluminum TOOLs lol. You get to feel old when the uniforma and gear of your youth are now COLLECTABLES Here's my olde time "switch blade"
      [attachment=16698:1.JPG][attachment=16699:2.JPG]
      [attachment=16700:3.JPG][attachment=16701:4.JPG]

Soo-jin is getting out of the shower and we'll be heading to the airport to head north to Paju..."Dutch, where my BDU jacket? Thought I left it out on bed, aigoo we have to get moving!" Hey, she said her BDU jackets were cooler

Take care, my friend...Jim & Soo-jin
      Attached Files
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

http://iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/skyd...cutaway-system/
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I thought it was funny, Soo-jin said "real men no need tools, only charm" I guess today no one practices the timeless art of one hand manipulation of hooks, sheesh Next thing will be Velcro...

take care, my friend...Jim & Soo-jin

Comment

Working...
          X