AGA-ARD for M4A1 TA01NSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGA-ARD for M4A1 TA01NSN

I've had these photos on my computer for awhile now and with both the rains and the ladies shopping have some time without the clock counting down, lol.

The 4X32mm ACOG TA01 NSN combination is one of the original parts of the SOPMODM4. I personally believe it's one of the best items issued, it's a rigged hard to destroy day optics. TA01 NSNs have been struck by bullets and kept on functioning, it's one tough optic. I've used it since they came about and swear by it, I still haven't "upgraded" to the red dot rear back up and really can't see a reason to do this, I feel it just adds bulk and more to snag on. The hard part was making a "Kill Flash" for the optic as there's no vertical objective to mount it on, it angles back and down. The optic has always been issued with a "bikini cover" that covered the objective and eyepiece joined by a "rubber band", it works and they last forever I still use the original one from the 1990's.

Not to long ago somebody was playing with their cover and had a brain fart Why not use the rubber band thingy and hook it to an ARD (Fill Flash). And we then had an ARD that was held on the optic with the rubber band thingy that pulled and held it into the objective lens housing Not bad and the cover actually would stretch enough to work with it too Then folks got concerned about LASERS These buggers could damage the Eyeball MK 1 MOD 0 with it's beam when used in military range finders, pointers, weapon sights and in the horrific laser device that searches out lens/optics and then hits each one with a LASER Can't have that so an anti-laser filter was developed that would block these implements of the Devil saving the user from bad eyesight. After "The Blind Mice" had a terrible incident of military incurred blindness we take the eyes very seriously now and if it protects those eyes we like it. The anti-laser filters are now used on NODs, goggles, eye pro, and optic of all kinds. So we now have a combination ARD and anti-laser device for the 4x32mm ACOG, it will work on both the SOF TA01 NSN and the USMC ACOG or any 4x32mm ACOG that has a PICATINNY mount base for a flat top receiver.

This is what the optic and the AGA-ARD look like mounted on the TA01 NSN...
    [attachment=16516:1.jpg][attachment=16517:2.jpg][attachment=16518:4.jpg]

Here's the assembly complete dismounted...
    [attachment=16519:5.jpg]

This is the main parts, the adaptor body with the rubber band, and adaptor that threads into the back of the anti-laser filter and the ARD lens cap assembly with threads for the anti-laser filter to screw into...
    [attachment=16520:6.jpg]

Another view of the assembly parts...
    [attachment=16522:7.jpg]

here's what the ARD and anti laser filter look like head on...
    [attachment=16521:8.jpg]

And here the colour cast given your view through the anti-laser filter..keep in mind some LEDs will appear not on through this filter...
    [attachment=16523:9.jpg]

This shows the adaptor, mounting ring and anti-laser filter mounted...
    [attachment=16524:10.jpg]

Here a rear view through the filter and ARD with lens cap open. Notice the lug at 6 o'clock that the rubber band attaches to. This acts as a key to keep everything aligned ...
    [attachment=16525:11.jpg]

This lug slots into the old "iron sight tunnel" in the optics base...
    [attachment=16526:12.jpg]

This is a closer side view showing the rubber band and AGA-ARD positioned in the optic...
    [attachment=16527:13.jpg]

And here the TA01 NSN with the AGA-ARD mounted to a M4A1 Carbine...
    [attachment=16528:14.jpg]

A close view showing the rubber band as it runs along the optic's base...
    [attachment=16529:15.jpg]

Even with the optic and MATECH BUIS it all clears with nothing touching or binding...
    [attachment=16530:16.jpg]

Here's a front view of the mounted optic and AGA-ARD mounted on the M4A1. Light attenuation is minimal with the AGA-ARD mounted . The lens cap has a flat black sticker inside to minimized flash..and yes you can stick your "Got milk" stickie there with no problem
    [attachment=16531:3.jpg]

We've been using these for awhile now and find them to be a fairly strongly mounted assembly. If you grab the carbine by it, it will flex and I don't recommend that. We like it and it has "The Blind Mice" seal of approval. The kit is available through Tenebraex and normal supply the NSN is 240-01-540-2890.

Take care...Jim

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Where doesify one aquire one of doughs anti-lizard devises and does dey makeify it fer an Aimpoint?
    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dogs best friend"
    "Every dog needs a friend"
    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
    (All the above, Yours Truly
    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

The NSN is in the article, Tenebraex has the items. The anti-laser filters are a restricted item and available to the military and certain LE. There are similar kits available for the M-68 AimPoint . The M-68 may not have the laser filters, I haven't handled a M-68 in the past 12 years so can't say we don't use them. ARDs are available for the Eotechs with NSNs and all sniper optics issued, most include the laser filter and have since the M-1 Tenebraex ARDs. The LCMS (Laser Counter Measures System) will definitely boil your eyes without the filter at long range, heck it even attacks headlights, lol, a traffic cops dream The LCMS is designed for "optics suppression" at long range and it does it well.

I'm pretty sure the ARD minus the filter is available for "civilian" use for the ACOG with 42mm objectives. Be careful if you see the laser filters, these are restricted and those out on the "market" are not Kosher, the full name of the "market' is "Black Market" or at least gray market

Take care, my friend...Jim
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

(1) Is the filter a glass optic devise/lens??? (2) Are the lizard (eye fryen) devises still Vehicle mounted units or now man/women portable?
        I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
        "Dogs best friend"
        "Every dog needs a friend"
        "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
        "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
        " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
        " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
        (All the above, Yours Truly
        The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Yep, laser filters are optical glass and mounted in metal cells. LCMS are airborne deliverable and portable now. The North Koreans have units supplied by China of Russian design.

Take care...Jim

Comment

Working...
          X