Gerber eFECT Weapons Maintenance Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerber eFECT Weapons Maintenance Tool

Maintenance of the M19/M4 series of weapons is very important, carrying the tools with you can be a pain in the..back, literally. The Otis kits are really good for most maintenance but most people pack them away in their ruck until it's needed and some also wrap them in a plastic zip lock baggie to keep the solvent smell from "blowing in the wind", ..."Sgt. Kim, that don't smell like no kimchi".

Gerber has been supplying multi tools to the military awhile now including about the best EOD tools I, ever used the DET 600. They also make the nice tool for the M16/M4 series of weapons. The eFECT, NSN#5120-01-578-4888 comes with the tool, sheath and instructions in one box.
    [attachment=16415:1.jpg][attachment=16416:2.JPG]
    The tool itself is small and compact and stamped with Gerber and the NSN#
    [attachment=16417:3.JPG]
    It has 6 tools that swing out and are locked open with a wedge lock.
    [attachment=16418:4.jpg]
    The front sight tool is magnetic and can be remove to pick up small steel parts of items and is easy to replace if broken or bent. It's for the newer 4 notched square sights.
    [attachment=16419:5.jpg]
    The brush and curved pick tools are threaded and any OTIS tool with male threads can be mounted to make cleaning easier.
    [attachment=16421:6.jpg]
    The instruction sheet gives you a rundown of the uses of the tools.
    [attachment=16422:7.jpg]
    it's operation and the names of each tool along with the operation of the wedge locks.
    [attachment=16423:8.jpg]
    The included black nylon sheath holds the tool secure and has a MOLLE mount system so it can be attached on any free are you have on you vest or ruck.
    [attachment=16424:9.jpg][attachment=16425:10.jpg]
    Combine it with you OTIS Kit and another tool like the DET 600 and you've more than enough tool handy for about any job you come across in the field. I've carried the DET 600 since they were first issued and can say they do the job and are hard to break The Gerber eFect should be no different, it's done the job and is very handy, what more needs to be said?
    [attachment=16426:A.jpg]

Take care...Jim

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Ever used the Leatherman MUT?
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hi Vince;

Nope, Leatherman isn't issued. Leatherman was boycotted because of his pro Kerry anti war standings and is anti gun. LOL, I won't let any of my pirates to use any of his stuff, he doesn't like us and we don't use his stuff. Just my thoughts, my original EOD tool was a Leatherman, it now resides in the South China Sea

Take care, my friend...Jim
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Aw crap. I did not know that. Well, I feel dirty now.

Somebody has to explain to Janice why I have to buy two new tools.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
        X