What's old is new from Eagle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's old is new from Eagle

I've had this on file for awhile now, and have some time to so here it is.

The old warbelt was bad mouthed and all the new MOLLE vests and such "replaced" the obsolete hang it on your belt system...oh, really? Now USSOCOM has decided, hey we need a belt for those times we don't wanna wear all those stupid azz vests and Nija Turtle suits that seem to get in the way in rapid operations..duh! And those of us who feel to offer the undertaker a nice intact body is just stupid and intend to make him work for his pay the WarBelt is back, an updated version but back.

The Eagle Warbelt solves the problem. It consists of a padded belt with MOLLE webbinf a fastex bucle and a set of suspenders. If you need something for entertainment watch some folks trying to figure out how to attch the suspenders, what no fastex buckles or hooks lol.

Photo 1 shows the belt with a couple pistol magazine pouches, a canteen/utility pouch a M-67 frag pouch and strobe pouch. The canteen pouch has a squeezie canteen with a compass in the one small pocket...whodda thought a canteen, no hose and nipple to suck on, that'll get the rookies confused. BTW a set of M-24 binos fit great in the canteen/untility pouch too.
    [attachment=16140:3.jpg]

Photo 2 shows the lables along with the NSNs...
    [attachment=16141:4.jpg]

Photo 3 is a close up of the belt and a hint of how to fit the suspenders lol...
    [attachment=16142:5.jpg]

In all it's a pretty good set up for when you're not wearing all the vests, armor and other items and only need a basic load out.

To carry your side arm London Bridge Trading's ambidexterous LBT-6099Z Holster fills the bill with style. Most "adjustable" holsters really aren't and are at best semi adjustable. This one actually works for right, left and any large frame auto pistol you may carry. It works great with the P220's, M9's and 1911's that I have tried. it also can be set up for both right and left side carry or on any MOLLE vest/belt/armor, has two extended carry attachments for different length of drop. As issued it also comes with an extra eleastic leg strap. LOL, it all fits well and best have no snags on your nails when assembling you rig, all the tight spots and such will rip them off

Photo 1 shows what you get in the plastic bag...everything seems to be in zip-locks anymore.
    [attachment=16143:6.jpg]

Photo 2 shows the safety straps on back up with a fastex buckle and a thumb brake with a back up velcro fastened back up...The M9 is in honor of the Big B telling the anti Constitutional stae of Maryland to stuff it.
    [attachment=16144:7.jpg]

Photo 3 The holster also has a nice polymer sight track to keep the front sight from grabbing, a nice feature in a nylon holster. The folded flaps at the rear of the pocket are velcro adjustable to squeeze the holster down to fit your weapon.
    [attachment=16145:8.jpg]

Photo 4 Part of the adjustment are held in place with the black strap that velcros on to make it stronger. I like the way this nylon burritto goes togather, once it's adjusted the three flaps fold in to creat the burritto, it also has MOLLE tape on the outside to attack what ever you want and will fit
    [attachment=16146:9.jpg]

Photo 5 There's also a tension screw to adjust how much pressure you wnat on the weapon to hold it in when the straps are loose...
    [attachment=16147:10.jpg]

Photo 6 Included in the kit are two leg extenders you can use one for a short or add the second for a long drop...if you are using both extenders you can leave the separate extender on your rigger's belt and just unfasten the holster velcro extender on the holster body to take it off.
    [attachment=16148:11.jpg]

Photo 7 the lable for the holster, sorry tossed the zip lock with the NSN
    [attachment=16149:12.jpg]

Photo 8 By removing the drop extenders and the leg strap (a b*tch to do) you can attach the holster to the Warbelt, MOLLE vests or nay MOLLE panel...
    [attachment=16150:13.jpg]

Photo 1 With the new gear I've also changed my TAP a bit. I added a shingle for three more magazines giving me a total of 11 magazines, and retained two M-67 pouches...
    [attachment=16151:14.jpg]

Photo 2 there is a problem with the shingle, the magazine retention flaps are fastened with snaps, the flaps are to short to secure MagPul magazines as is...
    [attachment=16152:15.jpg]

Photo 3 here's a ruler on the MagPul, it's a bit longer than a standar magazine...
    [attachment=16153:16.JPG]

Photo 4 the ruler on a standard magazine for comparison...
    [attachment=16154:17.JPG]

I've been carrying this load out for a few months and it works for me. I don't like wearing armor and since I set the SOP well it's good to be Jeffe. It's versitial with the TAP I've got everything needed and when not carrying the carbine I can dump it and have essential gear on the Warbelt. When around TOC or other places not requiring more weapons the pistol is in the holster on my rigger's belt and with me always. I'm debating to maybe add either a magazine pouch or a frag pouch to it's MOLLE webbing, kind of leaning to a frag pouch for those runs to the can . Conclusion, Good stuff Maynard! You won't refret using this set up.The only problem with the holster is Soo-jin..."Hey Dutch where's mine...they got it in granite? How come you have a M9 in it, put your 1911 there...you know two 1911 mags fit in these pouches..."
    Now I got to hide it until I can get another one..."Dutch these MagPuls fit my K1A perfect..." Sometimes I wish she was into shoes like other women...

Take care...Jim
    Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Looks good.

I've been using a belt for awhile now too. Having grown up on deuce gear it's a natural.

The thing I don't like about the "new" belts is the suspenders are in the front. On my 782 gear I ran the suspenders to the sides so when I unbuckled the belt, it didn't sag like crazy.

Thanks for the update Jim.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hi Vince;

Yes they do IF you wear it un extended, this one is a "Standard 32 inch" , if adjusted larger the susenders will go to th side more. The suspender d rings are attached and not movable. LOL, sad when us old bubuhs have to tighten the "standard size" down to the buckle to fit. It will extend though to fit over layer uniforms and armor. The belt is wide enough and padded enough to orobably wear without the suspenders with a normal load out.

Take care, my friend...Jim
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

I've got HG modifying mine. It will wear/hang correctly. DAMN IT!

Carry on.

Damn, I like that holster.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

LOL, work and more work Yeah, Soo-jin does too, so when at home I got to hide mine until her holster gets in country, or it will end up on her tiny belt And a quote "Dutch I bet that collar at the bottom would hold my push dagger in front.... put some velcro on the sheath and..." my kind of lady BTW she also wants to know if the cute little hatchets Richard and I carry come in ladies sizes...lol, ATC tomahawks...I don't think I'll let her watch the official Ranger history of the cute little hatchets though...she doesn't swear other than a rare "dammit"and blushes easy lol...

Comment

I'm a war belt guy myself. Currently using a setup from Jones Tactical. Great stuff......each one is handmade from scuba webbing with a Cobra buckle.
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I've been using a Jones Tactical Fat Zombie as a duty belt over a Wilderness Frequent Flyer for the last few years. It's a great belt...
              As to field gear, I followed pretty close to Jim's line of thinking, and while I don't find myself in the field near as much as I'd like to be these days, I went with a little of the old combined with a little of the new. I settled on an ESSTAC Load Bearing Boar(LB for quite a long while now. It gives me interchangeable panels for eight .223 or .308 mags so I can swap out panels depending on the weapon system in hand. The owner of ESSTAC was open to making me an AICS Mag Pouch panel for deploying it with my bolt gun, but I decided to carry them in an external pouch. I move my pistol up off of my hip and use one of the mag pouches as my holster when wearing the LBB.

"It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

LOL, mine is mass produced by the lowest bidder, comes in a ziplock bag and it's free. Plus it all clips or goes over body armor and plate carriers if you wear them. And has stood up to Korean rain, mud, snow, ice and yellow dust storms lol, kimchi stains wipe off with a moist sleeve And if the KPA gets it they ain't gettin no gucci gear And if you write 내 엉덩이 키스, 이런 병* on the inside they get the last words you wish to convey to them

BTW Shep, the Warbelt is also standard issue to the USMC SOCOM lol, hence the coyote barf color A little information on the hydration packs, seems the users run out of water before us old moss back bubuhs with old fashioned canteens...no good out in out in the dark suckin on a nipple A concession to new gear is the I qts are squeezeable so you don't have to drink the whole thing down to avoid the sloshing...no buddy backwash now

Also the two end pockets on the TAP are adjustable for M-14/MK11 magazines. When the rifle is included every man in the patrol carries two magazines for it.

Take care, my friends...Jim

Comment

Hey, I really wish mine was free, too...unfortunately, not so much
                  "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                  "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                  "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

LOL, that's what you get when you leave the best job in the world to wear civie clothes...Take care, my friend...Jim

Comment

You're absolutely right Bro, and I still miss it every day...

Comment

Hi Harry;

I know what you mean. I tried LE as a bomb tech and later detective for awhile and had to go back to the military. Was bored beyond tears and missed the travel.

Comment

Working...
                        X