Stock Advisor Ballistic Card Carrier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Advisor Ballistic Card Carrier

I have been using a semi new item made by "Spec.-Ops. Brand" called the "Stock Advisor". What it is, is a nylon and clear plastic envelope to hold your come up cards. It attaches to the rifles butt with two nylon/velcro straps and is suppossed to fit "Most rifles(AI, Remington 700, HS Precision, McMillan hunting/Tactical stocks)", more about this latter.

The actual card holder is set up to hold the "Ballisticard Systems" Delta 2 cards and has double sided clear, non reflective plastic so that by un snapping two snaps at the bottom you can rotate the carrier up and read the info on the reverse side. The base evelope of OD nylon also can hold other cards or what ever you wish to carry.

Now then, the straps do fit the AI AW strock and McMillan stocks, just barely that is with about 3/8th of an inch velcro contact...so they aren't lying it will fit. BUT, I do not trust that amount of fastening to hold up under hard field use. I went around the compound kicking dirt clods and small rocks, I like the design and wanted to use it. Soooo...a trip to the supply guys scored me a length of name tag velcro tape(pile side) and a rectangle of the hook velcro(used to attach flags and such to BDUs). The name tape velcro is tan and the hook black, but hey it's free. So I cut the hook part to a small inch long tab 1 ich wide and the attached a 3 inch length of the tan pile tape to it (glue backed self sticking hook), Then I can attach this to the end of the Stock Advisor's nylon strap which gives me the security for field use wityhout any sewing and cussing :lol:

In all and can recommend this item for anyone wanting a good come ups card carrier that's easy to use and attach to your weapon. With the addition of the ersatz straps I made it's secure on any stock size found on a modern SWS. Yeah I like it Keep you data close and handy, no Scotch Tape needed

Attached is a photo of the Stock Advisor on a M86 SWS. BTW it's set up for lefty use in the photo.

Take care...Jim
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Yup, this is very handy. Long range shooters have been doing this for years. Type out your ballistic program, then reduce it, laminate it and tape it to your stock.

Year's ago before PC's we used to set up milk jugs from 100 yds out past 1000 yds, shoot until we hit the jug. Then write down the MOA come up's. Pain in the butt, thank god for PC's now.
    "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

JY, as long as you have been doing this… I figured you were one of the smart guys that memorizes your dope on every rifle in the armsroom.

This is a handy item. Like Flea said, before I either laminated the card then stuck it to the stock with a couple of pieces of Velcro, or carried it in my kit tucked in a little clear plastic pouch. SpecOps Brand has come up with a handy little gizmo to make our lives a little easier without reinventing the wheel.
      Knowledge comes from retaining what is learned,
      Thomas

Comment

LOL, I don't know Thomas, so many calibers rolling around in my brain pan now ,can't keep them straight. Now we have 6.8 Rem. SPC, and 7mm ULRS added not to mention some of the foreign stuff we've played with over the years :errr: Plus I'm getting lazy, I'am beginning to like the printed and laminated(by somebody else) you buy'em cards

Yep, they made a handy widget here, but like the stock packs Eagle made the darn attachment straps are a little shy on length for current SWSs.

Take care, my friend...Jim
        "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

I've been taping my come ups and dope cards on the stock with clear box tape. Use some 'fake tree something or other,' camouflage tape over that. The camo tape can be peeled and restuck easily, and can take a decent mount of use before needing replaced due to lack of adhesion.

Comment

Working...
          X