Kenton industries custom turrets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenton industries custom turrets

Has anyone ordered the custom turrets from Kenton industries before? Any experience with them?

That's been pretty well-covered here in the past.

The problem with custom turrets like that is that they only work with a specific load in a specific set of external variables, e.g., temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, altitude, etc. Once you change any of these variables, if you're shooting over any kind of distance, the turret is going to be off and you have to compensate for it. If you end up having to compensate for it, what's the point of buying the things in the first place?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
      That's been pretty well-covered here in the past.

The problem with custom turrets like that is that they only work with a specific load in a specific set of external variables, e.g., temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, altitude, etc. Once you change any of these variables, if you're shooting over any kind of distance, the turret is going to be off and you have to compensate for it. If you end up having to compensate for it, what's the point of buying the things in the first place?[/b]
      Ohh ok yeah I see what your saying. For me as a hunter. Say I just got the dope for my rifle and how many "clicks" it takes to hit each yardage. When I get to the field in hunting conditions, the temps and all the factors have changed and my dope wouldn't be right anyways. Am I right?

Comment

Possibly, depending on how far away you are shooting. At most common East Coast hunting distances, it's not that important.

www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
          Possibly, depending on how far away you are shooting. At most common East Coast hunting distances, it's not that important.[/b]

I guess I should have mentioned I am out west! Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X