5R Multicam project - with some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5R Multicam project - with some questions

Ok, so I've got a pretty good multicam project going on the Rem 700 5R and IOR scope....pics in painting progression shown below. Used Duracoat and an airbrush, with both male (bought) and female (handmade) stencils.

I still have to do the bolt and this is where I have some questions. Obviously the handle and knob are ok, but what parts of the bolt should I absolutely not paint? Is it ok to paint any part of the bolt that is exposed closed or open?

Also, I use a honeycomb sunshade....I was thinking of painting it VERY lightly with easy passes w/ the airbrush, but would love some other opinions on that. Don't want paint to obscure any vision.

thanks!

Very nice paint job sir.
    "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

"It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
      "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Nice job!
        " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Do not paint the head of the bolt. On a 5R, it's the last inch or so of the bolt, including the lugs, that is blued. Of course, keep paint out of the inside of the bolt body or on the threads.

Looks great!
          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

thanks all for the comments!

also for the advice on bolt painting....makes sense.

Comment

Wow, looks great dude!
              What can I say, OD Green is my favorite color!

كافر)

Comment

That looks really good. When I did mine I stayed away from the bolt all together. I just didn't want to take any chances on messing it up. As my wife would say I didn't want to turn it into one of my projects!

Comment

That is a fantastic paint job. Wanna do mine now?! LOL. Seriously though, where did you get the patterns (or stencils rather) to do that paint job? I'd love for my rifle to sport that same paint job but I'm having a heck of a time finding the stuff to do it right.
                  In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's just my job to arrange the meeting.
                  -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire

Comment

[quote]
                    That is a fantastic paint job. Wanna do mine now?! LOL. Seriously though, where did you get the patterns (or stencils rather) to do that paint job? I'd love for my rifle to sport that same paint job but I'm having a heck of a time finding the stuff to do it right.[/b]
                    I took some multicam fabric and aside from the tan base color, made female stencils that were pretty close to the actual shapes, out of card stock. A key technique is to feather in those colors by changing distance from the surface while making passes.

Comment

Got a picture of the whole system assembled?
                      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
                      X