Cowboy Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy Guns

Not often do I find myself caught up in "Cowboy Guns" but I ran across this website and thought I would share it with you guys. Seldom does one see guns that could be called "Art" but I think that some of the ones on this page are just that.

Makes me want to own a few and God knows (and the wife) I can't afford to buy anymore guns for a while. lol.

Bowen Classic Arms
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear"
    Ambrose Redmoon

"To the American soldier, whose fidelity, patriotism, and valor have made this land the last best hope of earth."

There's some awesome SAA's on nutmegsports.com (if you like silver and nickel) and my favorite Cowboy long and short guns are on turnballrestorations.com

I do Cowboy Action Shooting and have a pair of 4 3/4" blued and case-hardened Colt SAA's in .45 Colt that I shoot. After I pay off my credit card bill to HD Rifles I'm gonna send 'em to Turnbull for the full package, including engraving.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

"The Twins", two 1860 Colt Sher. Models, with consecutive serial numbers. (Aequetas and Veritas) I engraved em myself, and completely gutted em' and re-tempered the mains, did a hammer extension, and well, I havent met a Re-Enactor that can touch em! I built the custom rig and holsters, The BACK of the rig has TWIN .457 derringer pistols as a "back-up". Dont wanna die from LACK OF SHOOTIN' BACK at those damned YANKEES!
      http://youtu.be/WrWTkOVe9pg

Comment

Here's my CAS gear.

2 Colt Single Action Army's, .45 Colt, 4.75" barrels, tuned by Ben Forkin. One now has elephant ivory on it, gotta get some for the other.

Winchester 1897 12ga takedown model, made in 1903

Rossi Winchester 92 replica, .45 Colt

Gun rig by Rudy Lozano of Black Hills Leather

Cavalry boots are handmade from mule hide

I "made" the knife myself. It's a repurposed Cold Steel Recon tanto that I reshaped and rehafted.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
          Not often do I find myself caught up in "Cowboy Guns" but I ran across this website and thought I would share it with you guys. Seldom does one see guns that could be called "Art" but I think that some of the ones on this page are just that.

Makes me want to own a few and God knows (and the wife) I can't afford to buy anymore guns for a while. lol.

Bowen Classic Arms[/b]

Thanks for sharing this. I love wheel guns.
          Here?s to cheating, stealing, and drinking. If you must cheat, then cheat death. If you must steal then steal a young girl?s heart. And if you must drink then have a drink with me.

Comment

Hamilton Bowen does some beauty work.

Check out Turnbull Mfg for some gorgeous work. Especially check out the Restoration Gallery on their site.

Comment

Sweet !!!!! I feel my credit card aching as I type this.
              MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

Wow! That is a seriously nice lookin rig Shep!
                CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks! The rig is a repro of the one that Johnny Ringo wore in "Tombstone", but in chestnut instead of black.

Comment

When collection times commeth and da tefflon turd sends me out ta takes yourn weapons, dees are da firstist one I'es gonna takesify!!! "Cowboy Guns" dats hows yea infectify da minds of da yuts. Den da growsify inta retards da likes of yous all!
                    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                    "Dogs best friend"
                    "Every dog needs a friend"
                    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                    (All the above, Yours Truly
                    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

You're welcome to come n' try, Bo......

Comment

Hey cm....ever try the "Birds Head Butts?" they feel better, love your rigs. I extended and "dropped" my rigs right hand holster, (Im to damned tall) and its handmade by me, from saddle leather, wetted and shrunk with a heavily greased pistol inside. PERFECT FIT. Also added a cross draw. (Sitting Or Standing Draws are both covered) I lean more towards cap and ball, pre 1860 stuff. From cannons to rifles and sabers (Mostly Origionals) I think I could cover this floor! LOVE THE OLD STUFF! I cleaned out the shop and threw away a lot, including a damascus double barrel cap to pin conversion. (1800's) Sometimes ya just cant GIVE IT AWAY! HAD to add the derringers (.457) the bean counters were riding me down after I was empty, One should NEVER DIE (even on a re-enactors feild) FROM LACK OF SHOOTIN' BACK!
                        Attached Files

Comment

[quote]
                          When collection times commeth and da tefflon turd sends me out ta takes yourn weapons, dees are da firstist one I'es gonna takesify!!! "Cowboy Guns" dats hows yea infectify da minds of da yuts. Den da growsify inta retards da likes of yous all![/b]

HEY! I thank I resemblefy that remark! SLAP LEATHER YOU CARPETBAGGER!

Comment

The bird's head grips do feel better, but I wanted a more authentic rig. The bird's head grip were only on the Colt double-action pistol, the Thunderer and Lightning, mine are Single Action Army. Colt didn't do the bird's head grips on their pistols until the late 20th century.

Comment

Shep, are you happy with the Rossi? I'm thinking a guy like you would not be shooting one if they were not good.
                              I looked at Marlin and have discovered Remington is determined to ruin them. Win's, Henery, etc are $800 plus. I'll put that kind of gun money into something else than a lever gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X