Glock, Springfield, Sig, etc. Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock, Springfield, Sig, etc. Opinions

I am looking to get a new carry pistol, something with more capacity and an upgrade from my 80's technology AMT Backup. Sure, it is reliable, but limited mag capacity and weight make something else look attractive. I would go with either a 9 or 45, just because I already have plenty of both. I know most carry pistols in 45 will have small mag capacity for the short mag, but that is no real concern for me so long as my second mag can be a full-capacity.

Glock pros: lots of aftermarket support, cheap mags, reliable
    cons: chunky, reliability might be overstated according to a few gunsmiths I've talked to

Springfield XD pros: love the grip angle and grip safety, feels less "chunky" in my hands
    cons: it's a springfield, mags seem to be steep, I have no idea on reliability

Sig, esp 320 pros: gimmicky size changes but could possibly be useful, some aftermarket support
    cons: I wasn't impressed by the general feel of one I handled but it was old, didn't see much in the way of mags except sig brand

Any thoughts? I know I need to get out and fondle the merchandise a bit, but I do value others hands on experience. I would be looking for something that is in the compact or subcompact range.

I'm not a Glock fanboy but I do carry one daily. I carry a model 26 with a couple mods. It has in the neighborhood of 1000+/- rounds. Not a single malfunction. I stippled the grip, added a glock extended slide release, extended mag release, and blacked out the factory Glock sights. I run Winchester Ranger 127gr +p+ ammo. It's just a cheap dependable carry gun.
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

I love my XDS. Great pistol, shoots well, never had a mag issue.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

The Glock is the tried and true of the ones you listed.

I am very impressed with the range time I've gotten with the Sig P320 so far.

Look at the HK VP as well. I've always disliked HK and their guns, but am super impressed with the VP.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
        X