Powder River Precision XDm Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder River Precision XDm Upgrade

$this->unconvert_size(12pt;line-height:100%"> </span>Had my buddy tune up the XDm I picked up a while back with a Powder River Precision Drop in kit. The first thing we did was set the blue competition springs off to the side. They are just about right on the money… it took about 50% of the pre-travel out and re-set seems a small amount quicker. Both of those alone are a strong plus. When we first looked at the replacement striker spring it was longer and was about same size and wind by an eyeball comparison. We were concerned about how it was going to be a lighter pull. We shrugged our shoulders and I said go for it. So he also changed the striker spring and the other spring. It took out that door stop spring spongy feel it had and now feels sharp and crisp. I didn’t measure the trigger pull but I would guess it was right in line with their 3.5-4.5 # pull. It has an integral over travel stop over travel stop built into the trigger as a replacement in the kit.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span>Seems good be a good change over all.

<span style="font-size:12, )
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Sounds like an easy and worthwhile upgrade.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
    X