This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What your carry gun says about you

There are lots of choices out there for carry guns, and because each gun is a personal choice your carry gun is a statement, whether or not you feel it is. It says something about you.

What you think it says: “I am suave, sophisticated pistolero that will only carry the finest in defensive handguns.”

What it actually says: “I really enjoy buying spare parts and endlessly testing magazines to make sure they work with my archaic firearm.”

Glock
    What you think it says: “I am a serious shooter, dedicated to my sport and self defense and so I carry the most popular firearm in law enforcement.”

What it actually says: “I didn’t want to do any actual research before buying a gun, so I just bought this hunk of plastic.”

Smith & Wesson M&P
    What you think it says: “I am a smart shooter! While I value the durability and lightweight of the polymer pistols, you should be able to customize your firearm for your hand size, which is why I carry an M&P.”

What it actually says: “The store was out of Glocks and the guy said this was like a Glock only better.”

Sig
    What you think it says: “I am an elite shooter. This is the weapon of choice of Navy SEALs, and that means it’s awesome, so I’M AWESOME.”

What it actually says: “Long trigger pulls are okay with me! First shot accuracy isn’t important anyway, it’s all about volume of fire!”

HK
    What you think it says: “Carrying this pistol means I’m serious about pistol-craft! I am a civilian WARRIOR.”

What it actually says: “I suck, and my gun hates me.”

Revolvers
    What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.”

What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.”

A Taurus
    What you think it says: “While budget conscious, I am able to spot a deal on a quality firearm and take advantage of it.”

What it actually says: Herp-derp: An expression used when a person, or yourself, has done something extremely stupid and dopey

Beretta
    What you think it says: I choose to arm myself with the weapon of choice of the United States military, used by steely eyed killers across the globe to slay our enemies in CQB situations.

What it actually says: I really liked Lethal Weapon. Like, a lot. It is possible that I have a Martin Riggs mullet-wig.

CZ
    What you think it says: This gun is the most commonly used firearm in NATO countries, adopted by many nations for use in their elite forces. It combines the best of the new world and the best of the old world, it’s so awesome that Jeff Cooper used it as the basis for the Bren 10!

What it actually says: I am a gun snob. I wanted a high capacity 9mm, but something exotic and european. I drink lattes and drive a foreign car.

Springfield XD
    What you think it says: A grip angle reminiscent of the 1911 with safeties that are familiar to the shooters of JMB’s classic pistol, but with a high-capacity magazine and lightweight polymer frame! Truly we live in a fantastic modern age.

What it actually says: Marketing works on me. I didn’t buy this gun when it was being imported as the HS2000 and was 200 bucks cheaper, but slap “Springfield” on the slide and show me some pictures of Rob Leatham looking cool with one and I’LL BUY IT YES.

STI
    What you think it says: I carry the finest example of the 1911 platform in existence. Built to exacting specifications by master pistolsmiths and used by the top competition shooters in the world, this is truly the modern example of a samurai sword. Plus, they used them in Monster Hunter International and that book was rad as hell!

What it actually says: I have LOTS of money. Instead of buying a sensible pistol for $500 and spending the other $2k on ammo, mags, and training I chose to blow half a month’s salary on one gun that is so expensive I’m afraid to shoot it. However, Monster Hunter International was still awesome as hell
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier
Working...
X