Interesting "handgun"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting "handgun"

Brought back from Afghanistan. It's a handgun made from a Martini-Henry action, chambered in .303 Brit. I'm dying to fire it, they said I could next time I was up at the store.
    Attached Files
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Oh dude, bring it.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I want it.....BAD..........I'm gonna need a holster for it............

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
        I want it.....BAD..........I'm gonna need a holster for it............[/b]
        Naw ya don't need no stinkin holster..that's one ya just tuck in your belt
        " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Hi Shep;

Be very careful with those. Most are made out of stolen rail road rails in caves by not so skilled iron workers Looks to be a locally made copy of the Martini-Henry, not a bonified weapon of Queen Victoria's at all. I've seen some of the local made Enfield rifles literally desolve when fired more than a few times Think of this as a inner city zip gun but not as good in quality, and usually soft as a tomato

They are interesting as a curio, but if you personanlly want to become a relic, don't shoot it There's been a lot of the backyard Afghan stuff imported into the US, Gun Parts has a bunch...but they demil them 'cause they really are not to safe to fire once let alone string of...2 rounds. These things were made to run on ground up movie film as propelant.

Take care, my friend...Jim
          "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

+1 with jim. An addict bought what he thought was genuine Lebel parts, once the job done he tried and was close to lose an eye !
            " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Shep, if ya do fire that thing make sure that ya get Jeff to film it....we don't to miss anything else like the frangible/lexan experiment
              " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Don't shoot it. Lots of homemade crap masquerading as genuine firearms comes out of A-stan.
                "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

I was going to ask if you had a bomb proof glove, and would advise not shooting at lexan.

The experienced peoples input makes me think it was made by some dude sitting on a dirt floor whose shop only has a hammer a file.

Looks and sounds cool, but be careful.

Comment

You need to get that there fellow from gold & silver pawn in vagas - tha chum lee dude to fire it for ya.
                    or some navy squid
                    Deo vindice
                    The purpose of fighting is to win!
                    There is no possible victory in defense.
                    The sword is more important than the shield,
                    and skill is more important than either.
                    The final weapon is the brain.
                    All else is supplemental.

"This home is protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                    If you come around here unwanted you'll get to meet both".
                    ) Josh Thompson

Comment

[quote]
                      "You'll shoot your eye out" and don't lick a cold flag pole in the winter [/b]
                      You'll shoot you eye out
                      Don't put your tounge on a frozen flag pole

"A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Turns out, this particular pistol is not on a homemade (or cavemade) action, it's on an honest-to-God Martini-Henry action.

I'm gonna shoot it.............

Comment

Did Shep just say, "Hold my beer and watch this!" ????
                          CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                          --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                          --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'll video it......if all goes well, I'll post it here and on YouTube......if it doesn't go so well, y'all will never hear about it..........

Comment

I still wanna see the Lexan video ...
                              "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Working...
                              X