X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmshoot
    started a topic Thompson-Center Contender in .375 Winchester

Thompson-Center Contender in .375 Winchester

Here's my TC Contender in .375 Winchester.

One of the early, 4-digit serial number, blued frames with a stainless steel Super 14 barrel that I had KG Koted in matte black.

Burris 2x Posi-Lock scope in Leupold Dual Dovetail rings/mounts.

I use it every year in Ohio for hunting whitetail.

With Wisconsin Cartridge Company loads topped with a Hornady 220grn FP, it'll shoot 3 rounds into 1" or better at 100yds, prone shooting off a ruck.

The ammo picture is a .375 Winchester round next to a 175grn .308 for comparison. The .375 Winchester is basically a .30-30 run straight up with all the bottleneck removed.
    Attached Files

• cmshoot
    replied
    I don't mind the recoil at all. I've shot up to 20 or so rounds in a sitting without problems.

I use it for deer hunting in Ohio. You have to use a shotgun with slugs or a handgun that meets the following criteria:

1. Minimum barrel length of 5"

2. Minimum bullet diameter of .357"

3. Cartridge has to be straight-walled, no bottlenecks

Leave a comment:

• gunnutt
    replied
    It rarely gets shot anymore. I when it looked like federal was going to quit making 375 winchester I bought 13 boxes of it. Should be a lifetime supply. Hunting these days is usually a 45 caliber caplock Kentucky rifle or 50 caliber flintlock. A gun without ammo is just a fancy club. And not a good one of those....
    Their ammo does look interesting.
    How is the recoil on the hand cannon ?

Leave a comment:

• cmshoot
    replied
    gunnutt, are you reloading for your .375? If not, try some of the Wisconsin Cartridge Co 220grn FP. It's less expensive than the Winchester 200grn load and uses a much better Hornady-made bullet.

http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/productc...amp;idproduct=1

Leave a comment:

• gunnutt
    replied
    I own a Winchester model 94 Big Bore in 375 Winchester. It packs quite a wallop. Can't imagine what the recoil on the pistol must be like.

Leave a comment:

• SpecOpsScout
    replied
    Hey Bro,
    That's a very cool little cannon . Are you trying to show up my Grizzly ?
    Respectfully,
    Harry

Leave a comment:

• liltank
    replied
    [quote]
    Here's my TC Contender in .375 Winchester.

One of the early, 4-digit serial number, blued frames with a stainless steel Super 14 barrel that I had KG Koted in matte black.

Burris 2x Posi-Lock scope in Leupold Dual Dovetail rings/mounts.

I use it every year in Ohio for hunting whitetail.

With Wisconsin Cartridge Company loads topped with a Hornady 220grn FP, it'll shoot 3 rounds into 1" or better at 100yds, prone shooting off a ruck.

The ammo picture is a .375 Winchester round next to a 175grn .308 for comparison. The .375 Winchester is basically a .30-30 run straight up with all the bottleneck removed.[/b]
    Sweet piece!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X