Thompson-Center Contender in .375 Winchester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson-Center Contender in .375 Winchester

Here's my TC Contender in .375 Winchester.

One of the early, 4-digit serial number, blued frames with a stainless steel Super 14 barrel that I had KG Koted in matte black.

Burris 2x Posi-Lock scope in Leupold Dual Dovetail rings/mounts.

I use it every year in Ohio for hunting whitetail.

With Wisconsin Cartridge Company loads topped with a Hornady 220grn FP, it'll shoot 3 rounds into 1" or better at 100yds, prone shooting off a ruck.

The ammo picture is a .375 Winchester round next to a 175grn .308 for comparison. The .375 Winchester is basically a .30-30 run straight up with all the bottleneck removed.
    Attached Files
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

[quote]
    Here's my TC Contender in .375 Winchester.

One of the early, 4-digit serial number, blued frames with a stainless steel Super 14 barrel that I had KG Koted in matte black.

Burris 2x Posi-Lock scope in Leupold Dual Dovetail rings/mounts.

I use it every year in Ohio for hunting whitetail.

With Wisconsin Cartridge Company loads topped with a Hornady 220grn FP, it'll shoot 3 rounds into 1" or better at 100yds, prone shooting off a ruck.

The ammo picture is a .375 Winchester round next to a 175grn .308 for comparison. The .375 Winchester is basically a .30-30 run straight up with all the bottleneck removed.[/b]
    Sweet piece!
    John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
    Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

Hey Bro,
      That's a very cool little cannon . Are you trying to show up my Grizzly ?
      Respectfully,
      Harry
      "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
      "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

I own a Winchester model 94 Big Bore in 375 Winchester. It packs quite a wallop. Can't imagine what the recoil on the pistol must be like.

Comment

gunnutt, are you reloading for your .375? If not, try some of the Wisconsin Cartridge Co 220grn FP. It's less expensive than the Winchester 200grn load and uses a much better Hornady-made bullet.

http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/productc...amp;idproduct=1

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

It rarely gets shot anymore. I when it looked like federal was going to quit making 375 winchester I bought 13 boxes of it. Should be a lifetime supply. Hunting these days is usually a 45 caliber caplock Kentucky rifle or 50 caliber flintlock. A gun without ammo is just a fancy club. And not a good one of those....
            Their ammo does look interesting.
            How is the recoil on the hand cannon ?

Comment

I don't mind the recoil at all. I've shot up to 20 or so rounds in a sitting without problems.

I use it for deer hunting in Ohio. You have to use a shotgun with slugs or a handgun that meets the following criteria:

1. Minimum barrel length of 5"

2. Minimum bullet diameter of .357"

3. Cartridge has to be straight-walled, no bottlenecks

Comment

Working...
              X