This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.S Test

This is a great 6 round drill devised by Todd Louis Green of Pistol-Training.com.

It can be found here and described in its entirety. http://pistol-training.com/fastest

It is a test of fundamentals, accuracy, and speed hence the acronym FAS Test.

Give this a try next time you are at the range and post your results here. You can print the official target off at the link if you have access to a printer that prints 8.5x14 legal paper.

Looks fun and it's measurable for improvement. And its only 6 rounds with one simple and easy to setup target.

I ain't had a chance to shoot it yet, we'll see how it goes.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

I ran through this drill several times yesterday. It was a lot colder than I like and drawing my 1911 from concealment (lots of clothing) was necessary. I believe it is a very good drill. I shot in the mid 6 second range twice, but mostly in the mid to high 7 second range. That was as fast as I could safely go. I had a couple of clothing induced malfunctions, which pushed me over 10 seconds a few times. It proves I need a heck of alot of work.

I am an advocate of shooting COM, then going for head shots, so I reversed the order and shot 4 to the body, reloaded, then fired 2 to the head the last few runs.

Good stuff. Thanks for the link.
    MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

Working...
    X