This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations my man.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Shep - Good shooting! That's awesome.

When I'm not shooting my Wilson 1911, I like shooting my SIG 226 (9mm). SIG's are good guns, I was fortunate to pick up an original German one that has a trigger that wasn't built by lawyers. It put a whooping on all the guys I shot with at Blackwater last year.

For the plastic gun guys.... I also shoot a Glock 35 in Limited Division of USPSA. It's pretty nice and I reload a good round for it. It's the only tupperware that I will buy, though. You know the saying.... too many... not enough time, etc.

DRILLS: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/HandgunDrills.pdf Best collection of handgun drills I have found. You will like them.

Charlie

Comment

That's a great link, I've been using a bunch of those drills for awhile now.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Just blew the rendezvous class schedule didn't it.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I saw "Triple Nickel", talk about bringing back some memories!

I was trying to figure out what a Devil Dog would be doing with Big Green? Makes perfect sense now!

Congrats on the shooting!

If they get that close, I will stick to a shotgun, about the best chance I have given my close range shooting abilities! Man I miss having a cutdown M79 with a Canister/AP round!

M Richardson
            "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
            Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

cutdown M79 with a Canister/AP round![/b]
              That's a helluva CQB weapon!

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

cutdown M79 with a Canister/AP round![/b]
                That's a helluva CQB weapon!
                [/b]
                M79

Pattern did not open up as much with a full barrel at that distance. Figure 27 pellets of 00 buck, in an approx 30 m x 30 m pattern, going about 1,000 feet per second!

Of course now days you use a MGL Mk 1, and you can get 6 rounds on the way as quick as you can pull the trigger!
                M Richardson
                "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
                Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

shep do you have to do an empty slide lock reload or just a mag exchange? can't find the 555 website that I looked up last year. thought it was www.triple-nickle.net but it is a blank page now. it didnt look like it was an empty gun reload in the above video but he was also shooting on steel.
                  Μολὼν λαβ* (pronounced /moˈlɔːn laˈbe/) "Come and get them" - Leonidas, Battle of Thermopylae, When asked to put down their weapons for the Persian Army 480 B.C.

"To the German Commander, NUTS!, The American Commander" General Anthony Clement McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 � August 11, 1975) when asked to surrender the town of Bastogne to the German Army which surrounded them

Comment

You do not have to shoot to slide lock, a mag exchange is just fine.

Website is down and gone, but I will be taking over the running of the 555 and will have it back up and going.

Comment

[quote]
                      You do not have to shoot to slide lock, a mag exchange is just fine.

Website is down and gone, but I will be taking over the running of the 555 and will have it back up and going.[/b]

thanks, just curious, anyone run that with a revolver in time? I have trouble getting repeated sub 5 seconds with a semi. got one guy that wants to try it with his wheelgun again until he gets it. we didn't time him but I think he's close! crazy, but shoots constantly for decades now
                      Μολὼν λαβ* (pronounced /moˈlɔːn laˈbe/) "Come and get them" - Leonidas, Battle of Thermopylae, When asked to put down their weapons for the Persian Army 480 B.C.

"To the German Commander, NUTS!, The American Commander" General Anthony Clement McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 � August 11, 1975) when asked to surrender the town of Bastogne to the German Army which surrounded them

Comment

Never heard of it being done, but I know there are folks out there that can do it.

Comment

[quote]
                          Never heard of it being done, but I know there are folks out there that can do it.[/b]
                          looks faster than it was. 6.05 fastest he got, but its smoking with a smith!

Comment

That's dang good with a wheelgun. Was he using a 625 or similar model with moon clips, or was he using speedloaders?

Comment

[quote]
                              That's dang good with a wheelgun. Was he using a 625 or similar model with moon clips, or was he using speedloaders?[/b]
                              686 with speedloaders but not sure what kind or style. i wasnt there when they run with the pac timer the other day.

Comment

That's outstanding using speedloaders. It would be a bit easier if you were using moonclips.

Comment

Working...
                                X