X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICU
    started a topic Night Shooting

Night Shooting

• I just got in from a little night fire session. I fired about 150 rounds. The setup I am running is as follows
    • Sig 229Elite 9mm
    • Streamlight TLR-HL (630 lumens)
    • Also played with my Streamlight TLR-1 (160lumens)
    • Running my duty gear as far as holster and mag pouches goes. I like my Streamlight TLR-HL for outdoors but I get a lot of wash or reflection inside structures. It's almost too bright. What do you guys run and how do you like it?

• ICU
    replied
    It lights their eyes up just enough to make the shot.

Leave a comment:

• Broylz
    replied
    Wow. 400 yards is a bright light.

Leave a comment:

• ICU
    replied
    As a hand held I run either a Surefire G2 Nitrolon or a Surefire P6. My eyes are really light sensitive so the TlR-1HL may not be too bright for others. It is hard to beat if I am just outside shooting. I have shot deer with it right at the 400yd mark, at night.

Leave a comment:

• Broylz
    replied
    I have run 2 m3x lights in the past and they were good.

My favorite has been the WL1 from insight. It's AA battery powered. I wish it had the same switch as the m3 and m6 but it has 2 split rockers and both sides are on when down and momentary when up. Holster selection is also limited but great performance and cheaper more common batteries.

For handheld edc I use a Fenix LD-10. It's a single AA light that pushes 140 lumens or so. Was looking at the LD-20 as its a 2 AA light but the output is the same with a longer run time. Looking for a 250-300 lumen light that runs on a pair of AA batteries now...

Leave a comment:

• cmshoot
    replied
    I run a Streamlight/Insight Technologies M3 on my G19.

My Daniel Defense has a Surefire X-300 mounted at 12 o'clock. My SIG 556R has the same mounting setup, but using an Inforce light.

My 12" Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech 870 has Surefire's newest dedicated forend, the DSF-870.

For a handheld light, I commonly use a Surefire 6P LED Defender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X