Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you work on during a typical handgun range session?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you work on during a typical handgun range session?

What skills do you focus on?

What drills do you run?

Do you concentrate on one handgun, or more than one?

How many rounds is a typical range session for you?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

- four quarters: safety 10% , accuracy 25%, speed 25%, non-compliant situation 40%. The main change is the non-compliant, loading and mechanics incidents. shooting from a vehicle. wrong hand, wrong eye ...
    - dry shooting and handling, H + L 3 or 5 cart., fully equipped, gaz mask, wounded, double pew control ...
    - 2 Ordnances and other models, but we concentrate on the one we'll carry.
    - Depends on the place and time, we can vary the session according to amount of ammunitions, shooter, range installation, target's type. Otherwise a hundred.
    " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Hi Shep,
      Are you wanting a response from civvies who do their own handgun training/ sessions, or would you also like a response from LEOs/ military who have a more structured yearly training cycle?
      Jack
      "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God would never trust an Englishman in the dark." Duncan Spaeth (1868-1954

Comment

I'd like to hear from all y'all!
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
        X