One do if all knife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One do if all knife

Alright I searched through and didn't find a thread already started so here goes... If u could only have one knife to do it all what would it be? I mean a hacking chopping small tree falling gutting butchering survive knife. Heck throw in zombie killing too! What would it be? Tired of keeping up with ten different knives. Want a one for everything blade
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sig Freud

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners" Charlton Heston

"Some cause happines whereever they go; others whenever they go." Oscar Wilde

"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death" H.H. Munro

Hard to beat a K-Bar----

--(for a big knife) I've been carrying a TOPS Eagle 107E on all my jaunts and it performs.
    --(small knife) I also have a TOPS pathfinder that works well.
    I've had many knives and after these I can honestly say I'm done buying knives now.
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
    Leo Tolstoy

Comment

You can do a small job with big knife, but you can't do a big job with a small knife. I have been thinking about getting a Ontario RTAK II. Kinda big but I have quite a few 4''-6'' blades, they just are not do-all tools. It all depends on what you want your knife to do tho. I am talking survival knives, not just a EDC fixed blade. jmho tho.
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

I'm with Joe, huge KaBar fan, especially for the price.

The Ontario Knives RAT-7 is a great knife as well.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

K-Bar.

Takes a licking and keeps on kicking ass. Can't be beat for the price.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Tough to argue with the K Bar, I have a Strider that would be tough to leave behind I'm with Joe I gotta stop buying knives and Hawks and machete's. Although I did want an SP Gurkha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz.

Sam
            " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

I have a crazy amount of knives and I have never found the one knife that will do it all. Best bet is to settle on a pair of knives. One small skinning/utility knife for skinning and food prep and a larger heavy knife for the chopping.
              I have carried a Knives of Alaska cleaver/caping set on many a hunting trip and the combo will take care of just about anything you can ask of a knife. Cleaver will sharpen and can be used to skin and you can shop kindling with no problem. I have carried it to the point that the sheath is falling apart.
              My daily carry knife is a Chris Reeve large Sebenza. If I head out to camp I usually put an Ek bowie in my pack to go with it. The Ek is a little light for chopping but holds and edge and has skinned many a hog and chops through ribs and pelvic bones.
              A knife to look at is a Puma White Hunter. The knife was designed so the leading edge can be sharpened for fine work and the back part of the blade sharpened to handle rough stuff. I have one but have never used it. Might fit the ticket.
              Avoid the Tops Tracker. Billed as the do everything knife but I know several people that bought them and they sit at home.

Comment

I love my Cold Steel Recon Tanto I bought to carry in Iraq. Thick backstrap for chopping and scary Sharp...

Comment

If you can get it done with one you are a much better man than I. Knives of Alaska Hunter (folder) in my pocket, Newt Livesay SERE fixed blade on my gear or in my kit and I don't know what I did before the Leatherman MUT. I hope nobody suggests something I can't live without !

Comment

+1 Ka-Bar. You could also look at the Cold Steel Kukri Machete. Strong, durable, very thick and can hold a very good edge.
                    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

[quote]
                      +1 Ka-Bar. You could also look at the Cold Steel Kukri Machete. Strong, durable, very thick and can hold a very good edge.[/b]

A kuhkri sounds good. I think we were supposed to be getting them soon, right Shep?............................................. .
                      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
                      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

[quote]
                        <div class='quotemain'>+1 Ka-Bar. You could also look at the Cold Steel Kukri Machete. Strong, durable, very thick and can hold a very good edge.[/b]

A kuhkri sounds good. I think we were supposed to be getting them soon, right Shep?............................................. .
                        [/b]
                        kurkihouse american eagle and a gerber lmf no pic of my gerber but both will do anything needed.
                        Live Free or Die fighting for the Right to do so!!

Comment

Newt Livesay fixed blade will do it all. Wish I had it in Vietnam!!!! Not as expensive as them there Randall's.
                          I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Dogs best friend"
                          "Every dog needs a friend"
                          "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                          "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                          " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                          " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                          (All the above, Yours Truly
                          The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

I've always been a fan of the issue survival knife. Decent sized blade, but not too big. Blade is one piece that goes all the way through the handle and tang. Very solid. I'm still using the same one I got when I was 18, and I love it. I've bought quite a few different knives over the years, but I always come back to this one.

Comment

Being the little guy, I like to compensate..a lot. I really like the TOPS Knives Power Eagle-12 for a do it all knife.
                              [attachment=16211e12_add4.jpg]
                              Here's a nice review of the knife...
                              Attached Files
                              "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Working...
                              X