This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum!

I broke this off for us folks that recognize the 1911 as the masterpiece that it is!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Sorted/ cleaned/ merged topics 8/25/08
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
    Leo Tolstoy

Comment

I'll post a pic later, mine looks rode hard and put away wet, and I can't remember what parts from what manufacturer went where. so sorry guy for not saying just what guts she has, I'll just say this. I worked for a few years at a gun store with a guy named Gary, he told me just about every day that the 1911 is the finest pistol ever made, and considered himself "intimate" with the 1911. built them, owned them shot them since he was a kid. I sold a glock bought a mil-spec Springfield for about $450, got my hands on hammer, trigger sear, disconnecter, a bushing, a beaver tail safety, all of it. the only thing that is still Springfield is the frame slide and barrel and bushing. I told him: Gary, what I want is a grass roots fight gun I can take apart in the field, rely on when I need it, and shoot it for generations. I went to his house had dinner, built a gun with him and I now have what I think is one of the finest tools for defensive combat, self preservation, and self defense able to kill beasts in the woods, protect my family, my self, and my rights from things that go thump in the night and is a hoot to take to the range and fire away. WHAT A GUN! JMB really did invent the finest firearms the earth has ever seen.

Toph.
      -- An AR-15, a good, loyal guard dog, and a nymphomaniac that runs a liquor store. The simple life.

-- All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

--Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X