My baby is back from the spa!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby is back from the spa!

These pictures really don't do her justice, they did a great job. Basic Springfield defense package tuneup, then I had them add front cocking serrations and the Colt high hand mod under the trigger guard. Then they re-blued her. Very very nice finish.

Sam, I need a good leather inside the waistband holster, my kydex will scratch her. What do you recommend?

Figure this is going to cost me about $1500 now that it's done. She's too pretty to duracoat, going to have to buy another one for a working gun.

[attachment=13569ort_side.jpg][attachment=13568:stbd_side.jpg]
    Attached Files
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Suh-weeet! For a minute there I thought you had bought a spa trip for Janice as a gift...........don't know what I was thinking.........

Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I've been using the same one one on and off for work since mid-2002. Great holster. I got the horsehide with the black top, and belt loops for 1.25", 1.5" and 1.75". Galco and several other companies make copies of this holster, if ya need it quicker or don't wanna pay Uncle Miltie's prices. http://miltsparks.com/

Or, man up and accept a little wear, and look at the Comp-Tac Minotaur. Lots of guys at work are wearing them. Comfortable and fast. It's a hybrid of leather and kydex. Contrary to what the description says, you can adjust the cant on it: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=114
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Shep,

The comp tac or the appendix carry?
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Comment

Minotaur Neutral (Appendix Carry) Cant Holster. By adjusting the belt catches you can actually put a cant to it.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
          These pictures really don't do her justice, they did a great job. Basic Springfield defense package tuneup, then I had them add front cocking serrations and the Colt high hand mod under the trigger guard. Then they re-blued her. Very very nice finish.

Sam, I need a good leather inside the waistband holster, my kydex will scratch her. What do you recommend?

Figure this is going to cost me about $1500 now that it's done. She's too pretty to duracoat, going to have to buy another one for a working gun.

[attachment=13569ort_side.jpg][attachment=13568:stbd_side.jpg][/b]
          Very nice!
          NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Comment

Yep, I agree with Shep. I saw Brownells had the Milt Sparks summer specials for $99. I'd like to pick up a Commander sized but once again we had more month than money. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9922/Pr...UMMER_SPECIAL_2
            "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Dang, almost forgot. Vince the pistol looks great buddy. I know it will shoot well.
              "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Like Shep I run Sparks, primary is VMII and have some summer specials. David Bullards IWB's are every bit the holster Uncle Milty makes for 65-85.00 and he usually has 1911 holsters in stock....Vern and I still can't figure out how he does the type of work he does for these prices. No need to spend the extra $$$$$$$ I got one of his Bodyguard's one of my few OWB holsters and added basket weave for 25.00!!!! who does basket weave for that price???? Have about 4-5 and I know Vern has one or two...outstanding. Here are a couple of X-Draws and others I picked up. Make sure to really go through his in stock sometimes he has lined, bw ya never know but a great guy to deal with. Good luck and sweet pistol....

http://www.mcssl.com/store/dmbullardleathe...3bc52e8198987ad

[attachment=13572:Picture_213.jpg] [attachment=13573:Picture_873.jpg]

[attachment=13574:Picture_584.jpg] [attachment=13575M_BULLARD.jpg]

Sam
                " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Nope you need to put that in a rig like my Evil Roy by Mernickle Holsters. One word heirloom. Best $300 I've spent in a long time. It's a BBQ gun, why hide it?
                  "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
                  Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Like I said, I need another gun.

Comment

Snap Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!

That Pistola is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what you were trying to remeber earlier to tell me.

HANLEY

Comment

Like the boss said, man up bubba. Scratch away,scratch away! Else all you gots is a wall hanger. Some evil doen cop will take a liken to it and execute one of them theren no knock, warrantless enteries and lay claim to it in the name King obe.
                        I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                        "Dogs best friend"
                        "Every dog needs a friend"
                        "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                        "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                        " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                        " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                        (All the above, Yours Truly
                        The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

[quote]
                          Like the boss said, man up bubba. Scratch away,scratch away! Else all you gots is a wall hanger. Some evil doen cop will take a liken to it and execute one of them theren no knock, warrantless enteries and lay claim to it in the name King obe.[/b]
                          Already manned up Bojangles. Holster is on it's way. A couple actually.

As for the wrong door no knock, well, you pays your money, youi takes your chances.

Comment

That's a damn nice looking pistol Vince. Congrats.

Where did you get them grips?
                            No man knows how bad he is, until he has tried very hard to be good.
                            C.S. Lewis

Comment

Those are Esmerelda's............

Comment

Working...
                              X