Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me honor my son and father

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all doing well. This has been a difficult summer for my family so far. With all the medical issues surrounding the family, we have hardly had a break, but with all that is going on I am participating in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Societyís Hike for Discovery. This is a program similar to Team In Training that raises money for cancer. I have been doing training hikes every Saturday sometimes up to 12 miles before I go to work for the night. I'm way behind the curve in my fundraising. With a month left to go, I still has about $3700 left to raise. Yikes!! This goal has become doubly important to our family because not only am I honoring my son, Dylan, but I want to honor my dad, John Platt, who has been suffering from esophageal cancer that has spread to his liver and stomach. They have run out of options for treatment and give him only weeks to live. I want to do this for him. Research by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has helped set a basis for research for other cancers. In fact, Dylan and his grandpa have taken some of the same medications, but unfortunately, they didnít work for my dad.

The money raised goes to fund research grants for better treatments and cures for cancers, and to pay for support groups, educational programs and financial assistance for patients and families affected by these diseases. Over 55,000 people die every year of blood cancers (thatís an average of over 150 every day). The Societyís efforts provide invaluable assistance to many of the 785,829 people who, like Dylan,

are battling blood cancers. Sadly, over 100,000 newly-diagnosed people join their company each year.
    You can donate online quickly & securely at: http://pages.hikefordiscovery.org/wa/rockymt08/dussery

You will receive email confirmation of your donation and I will be notified by email as soon as you make your donation. You can also send a check made out to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to

Diane Ussery at:

PO Box 1833

Buckley, WA 98321

All donations are tax deductible. I thank you in advance for your support, and really appreciate your generosity!

I am raising money for this very important cause and I'm asking for your help in honoring Dylan and my dad by making a contribution.!

Dylan is once again one of the honored teammates and will be helping to encourage the participants to make it through the training and fundraising. Keep track of him at: www.caringbridge.org/visit/dylanellefson

PLEASE forward this to others that have been affected by cancer, or someone you may know that understands the pain it brings to families and their lives, and encourage them to donate as well. Those that have been directly affected by this dreadful disease need all the help they can get. Trust me.

THANK YOU for your time. We sincerely hope you'll be able to help out. There are many individuals and families all around you, going through a living hell right now. If you can't help them out directly, Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, and consider making a donation for cancer research and treatment. Every little bit adds up and helps more than you realize.

THANK YOU for your time. I hope you'll be able to help out.

Alright guys... This is me BEGGGING for your help. I'm gettting down to the wire and still have a ways to go to reach my goal. If you can donate, the sooner the better. I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you so much,
    LB

Comment

LB, I can't get the link to work.

Is it working for anyone else?
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
        LB, I can't get the link to work.

Is it working for anyone else?[/b]
        I tried it from my post and it worked for me. Maybe copy and paste it into your browser?

Thanks,
        LB

Comment

Hey LB,
          Thank you for continuing your fight. My Mother's name was June Collins Ervin. I'd be honored if you carried her name, as well...
          Respectfully,
          Harry
          "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
          "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

I don't know why it didn't work for me last night. Got it now.

I'm going to move this post to the Long Distance Assistance category.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Done and donated! Y'all lend a hand with this one. Dylan's Dad is a long time member and SWAT Sniper, Johnnybravo351. He's a goofy, ugly bastard, but let's not hold that against the rest of the family!

Let's all lend a hand and show what kind of community we have here!

Comment

Hey guys! I'm leaving next Thursday for Colorado to take on the Rockies. We are meeting at 4 am for our hike up to Flattop mountain and Hallet's peak. This weekend I'll be making up "in honor of" or "in memory of" tags to attach to my back pack. If any of you know somoeone that has battled cancer and whose name you'd like me to add to my pack, please send me a message letting me know the name and the diagnosis. I'd be more than honored to take them to the top with me. I'll need to have them as early as possible to get them done in time.

Thanks again... and if you were planning on donating, now would be a good time. I'm down to the wire.Click here to donate!

Comment

Done ... i'd folowed the leaders !
                  " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                      X